At the fun fair.....

Ollie Jay

Went to a local fair last night and managed to grab a few snaps, not he best of quality as i didn't have a tripod with me and i was a bit rushed as for taking the family with me but i think these are the best snaps i got out the the lot a took! hope you like them but feel free to tell me if you think i could of made them better in anyway

cheers

20060506jamiesbayandfair00020g.jpg

20060506jamiesbayandfair00086m.jpg

20060506jamiesbayandfair00190a.jpg

20060506jamiesbayandfair00222y.jpg

oh and one more thing.......any advice on taking firework shots or is it just keep snapping away and see what you come up with?

Ollie.

You can view my photo album @.... olliejays photo album

Went to a local fair last night and managed to grab a few snaps, not he best of quality as i didn't have a tripod with me and i was a bit rushed as for taking the family with me but i think these are the best snaps i got out the the lot a took! hope you like them but feel free to tell me if you think i could of made them better in anyway

cheers

20060506jamiesbayandfair00020g.jpg

20060506jamiesbayandfair00086m.jpg

20060506jamiesbayandfair00190a.jpg

20060506jamiesbayandfair00222y.jpg

oh and one more thing.......any advice on taking firework shots or is it just keep snapping away and see what you come up with?

Ollie.

love the waltzes shot Ollie, very surreal but handheld..wow.

In terms of the Fireworks photo's, what I did last bonfire night, was set my Camera to 200 ISO for it's least sensitivity then shut the aperture down to about f11 to try & keep everything sharp & bracketted around there. Next I set the shutter speed to bulb & judged where the rockets etc were going off & widened the camera angle to suit.

Having done that, it was a case of timing the opening of the shutter with the explosion of your choice. Keeping the sensitivity & the aperture right down meant you could keep the background reasonably dark. Obviously there are adjustments to be made around that basic setup, depending upon the pic required.

It worked quite well for me, & with the longer shutter times you got some very unexpected & pleasing shots.

Hope thats of some help.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

I always have trouble with fireworks with digital, but never seemed to have same probs with old film or slide SLR. Me thinks camera too clever for me!!

If all else fails, follow the intructions.

cheers for the comments chaps and thanks or the info Peter :thumbs: will give that a shot next time we have some fireworks down my way!! personally i think them pics could of been far better using a tripod but could of been hard due to people walking around!!

anyway thanks once again chaps and glad you liked em!

Ollie

You can view my photo album @.... olliejays photo album