Holland full of Dyke's and Slag-room

kempo

well i must say, after visiting ireland for the last 8 years this was my first trip to holland, to fish a two week festival on the voorne canal, and what a festival it was.

the first week we still had real bad weather and ice cold winds while over in the uk there was a heat wave, i met up with jerry weijers and exchanged goods as arranged over pm,s, (not quite the hooks i wanted but they were near identical as for what i asked for) i hope you were pleased with the hooks i got for you jerry.

anyway back to the fishing, i travelled with alan reynolds along with his dad and brother billy on the ferry, as they arranged the holiday for us, and we met up with swino, Graeme smith (the squat wizard), moona (kieth) young Cameron, don slay-maker, pat mcavoy, andy wild-smith, and sam wild-smith, to name but a few.

in our chalet we arranged a sharing the pools money stint, where alan shared with billy, and i shared with there dad bill reynolds snr, the fishing was not at its best but bill and i still managed to win a few bob as he was 4th in the festival overall and i had a section win and a 4th in a match and a section 3rd for a total of about 1300 euros.

and on the second week i had 3 section 3Rd's to put me eighth over all in the second festival and with a few section pickups our total winnings were around 1700 euros which paid for our 2 weeks in holland.

now what a place to go to, if you have not been there before and travel to ireland a bit then i would defiantly say go to holland, it is the cleanest country i have ever been to and the people are so friendly, and as for the fishing well, there are waters everywhere you look, you cant travel more than a mile with out coming across a carp filled dyke its awsom out there and quite cheap to.

the guys at the local tackleshop were so helpful and they even ran a match for the english anglers called catfish cup 2006, right next door to the shop (handy as i broke my landing net handle) and they prebated the venue for us for 4 days prior to fishing it, where do you get that in the uk or ireland.

also if you want any information on where to fish they will put you on fish and prebait for you, (amazing).

well i could go on but it would take an age, so for those who haven't been there, make a point to go visit holland, its awsom.

ps you must try out the slag-room it is so nice...

pps, keith (moona) won the second festival outright congratulations m8, you are a star..

some pictures of the trip here

there were some 3lb roach cought as well , you can see them in the photoes if you want to.

ppps slag-room is dutch for icecream, wierd eh as that it what moona has stuck all over his face in the pictures lol..

Edited by kempo

anyone got any of of these punches please
Broadband problems, click here
my m8 is a pike angler and one of the nicest people you could ever meet.IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

OI OI,

some nice photo's m8 looks like you all had a great time good on ya.

went to ierland on a catamaran sea was rough so was we when we got there

:boat::boat::boat:

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

Many congratulations and thanks for sharing it! :)

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Kempo.. I recognise the Reynold clan on some of those photo's!!!!!

Are you Bill ,Billy, junior or Alan ??? or neither?

Looks like you had a great time and best wishes Bob.

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

Kempo.. I recognise the Reynold clan on some of those photo's!!!!!

Are you Bill ,Billy, junior or Alan ??? or neither?

Looks like you had a great time and best wishes Bob.

no m8, I'm kempo,

http://www.helpingella.co.uk/sluceweb/images/DSC00691.jpg

a close friend of the family. you couldn't meet a nicer bunch of blokes.

200% dedicated to there fishing except for alan, who is about 35% dedicated.

hehehehehehe, bet team image wont like that eh lol.

still thats pepper in your hat eh, lol.

Edited by kempo

my m8 is a pike angler and one of the nicest people you could ever meet.IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Sounds like a good jolly mate,

http://www.helpingella.co.uk/sluceweb/images/DSC00660.jpg

Pole alley, was it all pole fishing there mate ??

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

They are a great bunch of lads... I remember when the whole clan + mates used to come and fish the Tidal Yare when the matches were a decent size and the feeder dominated...happy days!!

Give them my best and tight lines mate,Bob.

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

They are a great bunch of lads... I remember when the whole clan + mates used to come and fish the Tidal Yare when the matches were a decent size and the feeder dominated...happy days!!

Give them my best and tight lines mate,Bob.

i was on the phone to alan as you replied to that post and he said send you his regards, along with billies.

he will tell bill you were asking about them.

he mentioned something to with blue fox or something but said dont go there lol, anyway m8, he has the link so he might just post on here him-self.

bearing in ming bill is off on holiday tomorrow so it might take a week or so, but alan says he is fine and hopes you are as well.

keep in touch, and maybe you can meet up on the bank some time eh.

Edited by kempo

IPB Image
IPB Image

Sounds like a good jolly mate,

http://www.helpingella.co.uk/sluceweb/images/DSC00660.jpg

Pole alley, was it all pole fishing there mate ??

well normally andy it is feeder and pole,

this time of year the bream are spawning and cleaning them selves in the rushes (40 yard chuck on the tip)

but as the weather was bad they hadn't spawned so the far bank feeder didn't work as well as the pole, but the deep water is at 11m, so it wasn't so bad.

you have about 20 od foot of water at 11 m so top 6's are a must but some sections are shallower but only by 3 or 4 foot.

it is easy comfortable fishing m8 and a must for any match angler.

the anglers are so helpful over there as well you cant go wrong really.

IPB Image
IPB Image