Pike steaks

DJMCJERICO

Anybody know if their any good as a bait for catfish?

Or even the insides wrapped inside some tights?

:2:

Cheers

<º))))><.·´¯`·.ÐÅѸ.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

IPB Image

I don't eat fish so up to now any that i have caught have been put in the freezer and mashed up for my pier fishing groundbait.

Cheers

<º))))><.·´¯`·.ÐÅѸ.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

IPB Image

A pike angler I met recommeded a 5lb jack, cut into steaks and soaked in salted water overnight. Drain, dry + fry in butter.

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

Depends where you are fishing really mate.Ive not tried it myself but see no reason why it shouldnt be just as good as other fish section baits.

Kevin M-a-d-d-o-c-k-s rates them in his book but I wouldnt take that either way!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Carp are not bad as garden fertiliser either.

An old Indian trick, when planting corn was to place a fish beneath where the corn seed was sown.

With corn best planted in blocks, I find it easier to dig out a two metre square , down to 18 inches, fill it with carp of all sizes, backfill with the earth, and enjoy delicious just picked corn on the cob a few months later.

;)

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

An old Indian trick, when planting corn was to place a fish beneath where the corn seed was sown.

With corn best planted in blocks, I find it easier to dig out a two metre square , down to 18 inches, fill it with carp of all sizes, backfill with the earth, and enjoy delicious just picked corn on the cob a few months later.

;)

I wonder if this company need someone to set up a UK franchise?

http://www.charliecarp.com/

;)

......and you can use the corn to catch some more carp for fertilising the next crop :lol:

I wonder if this company need someone to set up a UK franchise?

http://www.charliecarp.com/

..Yep

The australians have the right idea :sun: :

http://www.carpbusters.com.au/index.html