Next year's Wingham Fish-In

Steve Burke

One other change I'm going to make next year is to have name tags. I know several of you forgot names - I know I did.

Ditto - apologies to anyone I called 'mate' or 'chief'. :headhurt:

Edited by Rob Ward

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree with Steves reasons for not allowing Pike fishing at Wingham.

Dont worry though Boozle Ive only got 8 Pike Teach Ins booked so far for this comming season so shouldnt be a problem putting one on for AN members.

On the tackle repair/making front I can gladly sort something for Wingham fish in next year.Also If enough of you are interested in a "Tackle Workshop" week end let me know and I will sort one for the comming months.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

:clap2: Wahey! I was reading this thread while the Lovely Kay was in the room, on asking me what i was reading and telling her all about it and what a nice place and w/e it is with friendly generous people, she said "that sounds nice you should go dear"

Well if you insist.

Though she has been asking about a new kitchen <_<

:clap2: Wahey! I was reading this thread while the Lovely Kay was in the room, on asking me what i was reading and telling her all about it and what a nice place and w/e it is with friendly generous people, she said "that sounds nice you should go dear"

Well if you insist.

Though she has been asking about a new kitchen <_<

Well thats perfect SH. She can fit the new kitchen whilst you're out the house at Wingham next year :sun:

• 5 months later...
Hi Steve, just wondering which weekend this is likely to be - 21st May is a Monday next year!?

:oops: It should be the 19th to the 21st May. I've changed my signature and the 1st post on this topic accordingly. Thanks Rob.

Funnilly enough we've just started the planning and our work parties begin Sunday week. I'm just writing a newsletter to syndicate members now.

I'll be posting a new thread shortly so that Forum members can book next year's holiday time well in advance.

Edited by Steve Burke

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I seem to remember that priority will be given to those who haven't fished at Wingham before - if you haven't, my advice is not to bother, it's completely overrated :lol:

It's 6 months away and I'm already getting goosebumps! If I get to fish again next year I hope it's tench weather rather than duck weather :sun:

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Doh !!!!!

I'm in Cuba that weekend.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

We won't be able to make Wingham next year - more to our sorrow. However, while looking for a photo of Steve Burke's auto clamped on his own property (I'm sure I took one or two), I did run across so others we took at his last annual AN-members-only event and thought I'd let any new folks get a slight taste of what Wingham is all about.

Some of us brought lots of gear

1-loading-gear-1.jpg

One angler's way of getting gear to swim

2-cart1.jpg

The way Steve provides for the rest of (unprepared) us

3-busy-balif.jpg

Getting comfortable for a long stay

4-bivy-setup.jpg

5-swim-1.jpg

6-swim-1a.jpg

7-swim2.jpg

8-swim-3.jpg

9-swim-4.jpg

91-foot-bridge.jpg

92-stream.jpg

While pike can't be targeted, some do mangage to get themselves caught

93-fish-on-1.jpg

94-fish-on-2.jpg

95-fish-on-3.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

You'll just have to cancel Cuba then, Tony! <_<

For Tony and indeed everyone else, Wingham Fish-Ins are always likely to be the Sat/Sun/Mon before the end of May bank holiday. This means that they'll be anytime between the 16/17/18th and the 22/23/24th May.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net