Strangest Catch

Chris Plumb

I got tangled in someone elses lost tackle when plumming the depth at Monk Lakes once - only his lost tackle had a 3lb carp on the end!

Only time I've caught a fish with neither hook nor bait!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

crickey :o where do you go fishing?do you ever catch any fish?,or do you just catch dead animals?did you really catch a dead body?

I fish all over the place....I catch fish fairly regularly....I rarely catch dead animals....and I actually caught a mannequin....not a body.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

I tell you what If Andy McFarlane asks me to go fishing with him I think I might politely decline

Tony

Erm Toeni, would it be beyond the realms of decency to at least spell my name in future? It's there at the left for you to copy and paste if I'm asking too much..... :rolleyes:

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

...Vagabond...

I fish all over the place....I catch fish fairly regularly....I rarely catch dead animals....and I actually caught a mannequin....not a body.
sorry,my mistake,I read the dead body bit wrong :oops: the rest was supposed to be a bit of light hearted humour,but I am sorry if I offended you.

This would have been funnier still if you'd both been at spots where you couldn't quite see each other ... and some decent strength line on ... good ol' tug-o-war match.

This actually did happen to me as a kid! Quite a strange coincidence, I told someone this story the other day, I'd forgotten all about it until then. I was fishing a local gravel pit on a fairly chilly autumn day, trying to catch carp by casting between two islands in the middle of the lake (about 50 yards). My PB then was a whopping 3lb 8oz and I was desperate to better it. A friend of mine had recently caught a 7lber and I was dreaming of also managing to catch one that big.

After a while I got a screaming run, the monkey climber (brand new, teflon coated needle and PTFE head - state of the art) slammed up to the rod and the reel started to churn away madly...I struck and felt a heavy thump as something far away pulled on the rod hard, and then the clutch started to give line as the unseen monster slowly pulled away and - horror of horrors - went behind the big island :o

There was no way I was losing this one. I stripped down and went in the lake with a net under my arm, thinking that if I could get to the island I could land the fish and triumphantly wade back to glory. The first few yards were OK, then I hit a big silt patch and sunk up to my chest (it was a really stupid thing to do - I cringe when I think back, anything could have happened) but I got to the island OK, the monster still powering away on the end of my line. Clambering out, very cold but feeling that victory was almost mine, I looked over to the other side of the island to see an angler on the far bank, his line tangled with mine, heaving on his rod trying to pull in my rig so he could untangle it and recast back between the islands :rolleyes:

It was a cold and depressing return journey ;)

True story!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

OMG Anderoo. I can see it now. The funny thing is, I'm certain I read somewhere that some older gents (Chester and his mates...lol) used to string a long line of fly-droppers between two rods and they'd stand on either side of a ressie/river and cover the whole water. I can't remember where I read it though.

I am sorry if I offended you.

You didn't offend me at all thanks... :)

Edited by Andy Macfarlane

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

...Izaac Walton...

...Vagabond...