dog attack

If it's coming straight for you, you'd have to ask it politely to turn around. :blink:

........but it wasn't........

So, is there actually a more acceptable way to deal with a dog in this (the originally posted) situation?

from the original link:-

Three men had tried to drag the bull mastiff-type dog off the women before Chris Davis, 23, used two of his mother's kitchen knives to kill it.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He would have been better off grabbing pepper from the kitchen but that is easy to say in hindsight.

Any dog that runs straight at you can be quickly disabled by pulling it's front legs apart sideways, If your coordination is up to it. Pull hard enough and the dog will die.

Far better to turn your back and hold your hands up, but if it's a big dog the impact of being hit by 10 stone hitting you at 25 mph can drop you to the ground fast.

I always say that the temprement of a dog travels down the lead from it's owner.

A lot of people should be banned from dog ownership for life.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

This dog was going to end up dead anyway. The bloke who stabbed it obviously had only one thought in his mind and that was to stop the attack in any way possible. I for one fully support his actions. If three men could not drag it off I tend to think that a kick in the testicles would not have done a lot of good either. That is always assuming that it was a dog and not a bitch in the first place. It is just a pity that the owner cannot have his testicles put to the boot test.

A Hammond

Guest Ferret1959
It is just a pity that the owner cannot have his testicles put to the boot test.

What if the owner is a bitch???????? :D

Edited by Ferret1959

He would have been better off grabbing pepper from the kitchen but that is easy to say in hindsight.

Any dog that runs straight at you can be quickly disabled by pulling it's front legs apart sideways, If your coordination is up to it. Pull hard enough and the dog will die.

Far better to turn your back and hold your hands up, but if it's a big dog the impact of being hit by 10 stone hitting you at 25 mph can drop you to the ground fast.

I always say that the temprement of a dog travels down the lead from it's owner.

A lot of people should be banned from dog ownership for life.

and you're going to show us how? :lol::lol::lol: Huge, I know yer like a joke now and then but we're being serious for once. :(

I have read and heard about pulling an attacking dogs legs apart on several ocassions but have never actualy heard of anybody doing it. To my mind if a large dog weighing say for arguments sake seven or eight stone or more were to launch itself at me I reckon that I would have difficulty staying on my feet let alone pulling its legs apart and I weigh in at fifteen plus stone and six foot tall. So what chance has a woman or child got? No disrespect but I think that that one is all very well in theory but in practice it would be a very different matter.

A Hammond

We used to throw a bucket of cold water on fighting dogs to get them apart. Would this work in the case of a dog attacking a person I wonder?

and you're going to show us how? :lol::lol::lol: Huge, I know yer like a joke now and then but we're being serious for once. :(

I know that, from time to time, and occasionally I do like to joke but I was being serious (I think that's the third time this year and it's only June so a new record there :blink: )

I did quantify my remark by saying "If your coordination is up to it" Alan.

Due to the anatomy of a dog it's weakest part is it's sternum (sp?) pulling it's legs apart with force will quickly cause it a lot of distress as it will quickly lose oxygen, (remember here that a dogs body works 7 times faster than ours.) Do it with sufficient force and the lungs will collapse, the rib cage fracture and the heart will literally explode.

Never had to put it to practise and wouldn't care to but it is well documented.

There is an old saying "If at first you are one of those people who find it hard to get something right at your first attempt" I would think that this is one of those theory's not to have a go at.

The other obvious one of course is parachuting :blink:

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

We used to throw a bucket of cold water on fighting dogs to get them apart. Would this work in the case of a dog attacking a person I wonder?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

This thread gets funnier and funnier :lol:

I can see it now, hundreds of people walking around the streets with buckets of water in their ar$e pockets. :lol:

Edited by Casey

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

This thread gets funnier and funnier :lol:

I can see it now, hundreds of people walking around the streets with buckets of water in their ar$e pockets. :lol:

Strange thing about a lot of urban streets they have houses in them and those houses have a water supply and quite often buckets or other containers for holding water. As most dog attacks are in urban areas it would follow that a supply of water and the means to deliver it to the target are freely available.

A Hammond