WHERE ARE THE BASS

osprey

This year is the worst year for bass sinse ive been fishing it cant be that they are late now there just isnt any has anyone had many recently even the ones i have caught are a pound and a half and no bigger ive caught the most sting rays and spotty dogs then i have for the last 5 years just no bass

Just arrived in numbers in Lyme bay, so they are on their way! but they seem smaller this year, hope I'm wrong tho

dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

This year has also been ban this end, I also put it down to the weather and a low sea temp.

I have been told that the French anchovey fleet have out fished the anchovey and that 80% of the fleet switched to targeting bass. I dont know if this has had an efect on our fish but it must put more pressure on the bass.

The 2002 year class was ment to be a very big year class, this year most of these fish should be 34cm to 38cm, where are they?

To be honist I think its not one thing on its own but a list of contributing factors.

More fish will move in and out as the season progresses and Im now getting reports of fish to 14lb , I just hope a few more come my way.

Edited by sam-cox

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

The 2002 year class was ment to be a very big year class, this year most of these fish should be 34cm to 38cm, where are they?

All around my boat on Sunday! but they were more like 30cm!!

dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

Will they all be doomed to?

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

This year has also been ban this end, I also put it down to the weather and a low sea temp.

I have been told that the French anchovey fleet have out fished the anchovey and that 80% of the fleet switched to targeting bass. I dont know if this has had an efect on our fish but it must put more pressure on the bass.

To be honist I think its not one thing on its own but a list of contributing factors.

More fish will move in and out as the season progresses and Im now getting reports of fish to 14lb , I just hope a few more come my way.

i think that to blame only foriegn commercial fishermen is wrong, ALL are as bad as another an if they all thought long term instead of screw tomorrow, the sea's an ocean's would be in a much better state.

:(

This year is the worst year for bass sinse ive been fishing it cant be that they are late now there just isnt any has anyone had many recently even the ones i have caught are a pound and a half and no bigger ive caught the most sting rays and spotty dogs then i have for the last 5 years just no bass

Hi osprey,the Bass have been late coming in morecambe bay this year and have just heard that they have just come in and in numbers further up the coast which they normally do and then to us so I will be out this week when the tides rise and hopefully have a bit of ferret catching!!! (silver)! regards silverferret :sun:

I have never regarded Bass as anything but a HIGH SUMMER fish. Anglers start to ask 'where are the Bass' in May! Yes, there will be a few early ones, but in Kent, the main Bass season is late July to October. Best months being August, September, October, when the sea is properly warmed up.