bolognese rods

markp

https://www.angelsport.de/cgi-bin/askari.storefront/EN

Try this link rods start from about £25.00 very large range.

:thumbs:

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

I do like me bolo fishing!

Its still very big here in Germany, I have em all from 5 meters to 8 meters. and are great fun on my local river The "Leine"

have used em on the "Wesser" as did Budgie mentioned!

In Italy, they have em at 10 meters, but more for trout on the rivers.

Some very interesting bolo floats on the market at the moment.

These are what I use most of the time

Bolo_gross.jpg

they range from 3 gramms, up to 20 gramms. the design is brilliant for keeping the float / rig in the feed trail for that little bit longer!

I never fished the Leine but spent quite a lot of nights bridge building on it! Hows the Wesser fishing these days as it went in to a marked decline in the Hameln area in the mid 80's? Prior to that was one of the greatest rivers Ive fished.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

AHHH! engineer a?

My 3 trips to the weser were not that successful, you hear a mixed reaction when hearing about the weser, most say it is returning to the good old days, as the water is becoming cleaner, as for the leine, this is where I have learnt my river fishing, not a big river, but plenty to catch! Our local stretch is turning into a Barbell paradise, and this is where the bolo rods come in handy, as my pole outfit is not the sort of stuff for these chaps!

Another lovely river for the bolo is the "Aller" (around the Schwarmstedt region) this time of year (normally a bit earlier, but because of the late summer) the fishing for bream is FAB. with plenty of bream upto the 7 pound mark biting all session long!

Fishing the bolo, over the match rod gives you that bit more control, and used correctly, makes fishing a real pleasure.

BIT OFF TOPIC:- but Medwaygreen mentioned that link from Askari. I order a lot from them, as they are quite cheap. But just looking at the price of a seat box that I`m interested in.( the Milo Mythos 1300) the german askari wants 450 EUROS (309 pounds) and the Eng. askari want 360 pounds for the box! interesting..........

Edited by jayson69

When I was first posted to Hameln the Wesser there was superb for roach.In matchs 100lb+ was needed to frame.Yes there was a few bream around the 5lb mark (in fact had my only ever river double there) the odd Nase but roach were the predominant species.Average size was best part of a pound allthough I never saw or heard of a two pounder. In the Neienburg area Bream were more predominent averaging around 4lb.Some huge match weights came out here.Barbel wise there was only one swim in the Hameln area that produced them! Lots of big carp in the river I saw three over 30lb (and that was big then) taken on feeder gear during matchs.

Towards the mid 80's the roach seemed to disapear! on pleasure sessions you could still get a good net full but in a match it would be disasterous! one guy would bag up while everyone else struggled for a few eels and the same odd bream or nase. Many put it down to salt pollution but I dont know.Seemed to die (match wise) over night.

Fished the Alle as well,we used to catch chub there which we didnt on the Wesser.Have you ever been down to the Lippe? very much like the Bristol Avon.Fish arnt as big as in most German waters but there used to be loads of them.A great match venue.

Youve got me going now! Great still water bream venues like the Doctorsee,Hessish Oldendorf too many to mention.

Used to be a brilliant Army angling scene with lots of great matchs including big (and I mean in excess of 500 peg) "International" Opens.These were mainly held during the old UK closed season and many if not most of the UK's top match teams would come over as well as those from Germany,Italy etc.Some of the section trophies I won in these matchs mean more to me than the few outright wins I had on the UK circuit.Been pegged next to greats of the time such as Ian Heaps (he used to stay at my mate Barry Gregory's house) Wolfgang Kremkus,Dave Vincent to name just a few was a real eye opener.I have heard the match scene isnt so good now with the kill all policy?

Ah great days.Germanys coarse fishing is much underestimated.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I shall ask around a few friends, regarding what weights are winning on the weser now days, and get back to you!

As for the Docktorsee, I`ve only ever did a bit of camping and waterskiing there I`m afraid. But I do know that it is a club water still.

I have only started on the match scene, 2nd year now! but I have to admit, things are looking better here now days! Last Sunday, I took part in the "Aue cup" in Solingen, (20 odd K`s above Nienburg) competing was around 250 anglers, Here, ALL fish were held, weighed and release, although not really legal, It went down well and got a big round of applause when announced that it was catch and release!!!

4 weeks ago, I won section A, of the "mosella feeder cup" in Gartow, to Qualify for the "Mosella master cup" in October on the River Mösel, again, this was catch and release, the way they got around this was to announce that all caught roach, were to be transported to another water. with me and my team mate catching 35 Kilos of Bream, and just the ONE roach, Bream went back in the drink and the poor little roach got carted away to start a new life in another pond!

And our Club matches, are mostly catch, hold and release, with exceptions on the rivers around Hannover, here the River police are quite active, and Buggers for upholding the redictulious Laws on Killing! We now only have 1 match on the river, and this is in our Winter league, where most of us don`t catch anyway!

with fish like Barbell and Carp not in the valuation, they get released as well!

Attitudes are changing fast over here, and the match scene is taking off quite quickly, (watch out England, Only joking!) the main problem at the moment, seems to be the same as in old Blighty, and that being the Ost europians! banging on the head everything that gets caught! but here I have seen Germans giving em agro!

..... the main problem at the moment, seems to be the same as in old Blighty, and that being the Ost europians! banging on the head everything that gets caught! but here I have seen Germans giving em agro!

Bl##dy law-abiding East Europeans !!!! ;)

{Admin note 2009: to view bolognese rods for sale, sometimes known as 'bolo rods', please click here}

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.