Anyone recomend marks in plymouth?

solaris

Hi Guys me again

what are good marks in plymouth fornovices any ideas?

Need places that are safe for kids as my 3year old will probaly be with me most of the time.

Also waht is the score on keeping or putting back fish?

what i mean is i always used to kill and eat what i caught, unless too small then it would go back in.

though things have changed over the years i see all these photos and they seems to have killed the catch especially conger though i would admit i would only hold a 50lb plus conger when it was truely dead. .

thanks again guys.

Re -putting fish back - ask in a tackle shop or the local sea fisheries committe for all the minimum sizes on your area. Other than that, if I were you I'd put things back that aren't going to get eaten, or are under threat such as bass & wrasse. If a fish is bleeding and will die then you may as well keep it (assuming it's above size limits).

As to marks, you're probably best to ask in a plymouth tackleshop (Clives tackle & baits??), but I've seen people fishing off the Hoe just to the west of the Museum thingy under the lighthouse.

Like Fresh coffee? www.Bean14.com

A conger of 66 1/2lb was taken from the shore only a week or so ago.

Go for Eastern Kings, just under Smeatons Tower on the Hoe or take the water taxi over to Mountbatten Pier from the Barbican. Both are kids safe and suitable for float fishing etc. Still plenty of mackerel and beakies as well as small pollack and wrasse if your are fishing worms.

Like Toerag says drop into Clives on Exeter Street and he will sort you out.

• 4 years later...
Hi Guys me again

what are good marks in plymouth fornovices any ideas?

Need places that are safe for kids as my 3year old will probaly be with me most of the time.

Also waht is the score on keeping or putting back fish?

what i mean is i always used to kill and eat what i caught, unless too small then it would go back in.

though things have changed over the years i see all these photos and they seems to have killed the catch especially conger though i would admit i would only hold a 50lb plus conger when it was truely dead. .

thanks again guys.

Hiya Solaris - I'd say the 2 best marks in Plymouth to fish with kids, or to have kids with you when you fish, are Mountbatten Breakwater in Plymstock and West Hoe Pier on the Plymouth Foreshore (near the waterfront bar). Both these places have railings/chains in place and its a level tarmaced platform. The bonus for you is that you will still catch fish there (although fish are generally small)

There are several other marks that may be of interest on the plymouth side of the Tamar (which is fishing its socks off at the mo) which include the floating pontoon at devonport and the deep, deep water off the Mutton Cove T-bar (near the mount wise swimming pools). The added bonus of these is the close, free parking :)

tight lines