tench

the bubster

Here are a couple of pics of my first ever tench.I haven't fished for long only about year and a half ,but it has taken me a long time to catch some tench.Anybody like to guesstimate the wieghts cos i don't have scales.by the way they are superb fish and will be having another go for them.cheers and tightlines.

the bubster.

post-7918-1150553598_thumb.jpg

Nice fish well done.

With regard to weight i would think that about 2.5lbs would be about right.

:thumbs:

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Congratulations on your first tench! but watch out, catching them can be rather addictive :P

from the photo, that looks like a fairly long fish, but rather lean, as it's a female it's probably just finished spawning, I'd reckon on it being between 3-4lb, but will probably fill out to around the 5lb mark through the summer as it recovers from spawning!

BTW You need to train your photographer not to chop your head off next time :D

Mat

Nice fish!

I would say 3lb ish.

Josh :)

cheers for the comments, it was a loverly fish, superb great catch.was chuffed as ought when i caught it. i had to crop the picture so i could upload it on. but next time i'll leave me ugly mug on. goodluck with all ur captures tight lines

the bubster :)

What did you catch it on mate?

I caught it on catfood plus soft hooker pellets ,fishing close in on the margins.i also caught a nice poundish golden tench an about 5 smaller tench all with catfood plus pellets.

goodluck all