England - 2006 World Cup Winners?

Elton

England 2006 Fifa World Cup Winners  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Have England got what it takes to win this World Cup?

• Yes
    • No

Much as I would love England to win, I just can't see it happening. The upside is that I can only cope with the nerve-wracking experience by getting pished. Here's hoping that my excuse for alcoholism carries on to Berlin. :drunk:

Edited by Westie

Westie.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Visit My Photo Gallery

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being an old Fart, i can see simulaties to 1966.

We started off playing very poorly then as i remember, and if we can get past Equador we should then play Portugal as we did in 66.

I just hope i'm on the right track!!!!!

why be so damn negative?

it's coming home. believe :blink:

What's enfuriating is the we *do* have the players to win it or at least do very well. Our defence and midfield are as good as anybody (on a good day ;) ) Joe Cole and Lennon can get behind defences, Rooney can get *through* defences. Crouch just elbows defenders in the face jumping for crap long balls.

Sorry - I'm becoming the proverbial record stuck in its groove :rolleyes:

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

:yeah: It is just before the England v Brazil match. Ronaldinho goes into the

Brazilian changing room to find all his teammates looking a bit glum.

"What's up?" he asks.

"Well, we're having trouble getting motivated for this game. We know it's

important but it's only England. They're sh*te and we can't be bothered."

Ronaldinho looks at them and says, "Well, I reckon I can beat them by

myself-you lads go down the pub."

So Ronaldinho goes out to play England by himself and the rest of the

Brazilian team go off for a few jars.

After a few pints they wonder how the game is going, so they get the

landlord to put the teletext on. A big cheer goes up as the screen reads

"Brazil 1 - England 0 (Ronaldinho 10 minutes)". He is beating England all by

himself!

Anyway, a few pints later and the game is forgotten until someone

remembers, "It must be full time now, let's see how he got on." They put the

teletext on.

"Result from the Stadium 'Brazil 1 (Ronaldinho 10 minutes) - England 1

(Lampard 89 minutes)."

They can't believe it; he has single-handedly got a draw against England!!

They rush back to the Stadium to congratulate Ronaldinho. They find him in

the dressing room, still in his gear, sitting with his head in his hands.

He refuses to look at them. "I've let you down, I've let you down."

"Don't be daft, you got a draw against England, all by yourself. And they

only scored at the very, very end!"

"No, no, I have, I've let you down...I got sent off after 12 minutes." :yeah:

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

From watching them - I dont think that they have not got a hope ... I would not be surprised if Ecuador beat them, naturally I hope they do :-)

Monty Burns, I mean Sven ... not taking Defoe or Bent and relying on injured players due to there big reputations to keep the media happy is laughable ... I feel sorry for Peter Crouch, as he's doing a half decent job (much better than Owen could do) in difficult circumstances but yet will need to score a hat-trick or something to be a hero.

The Midfields the same - its together to keep the media happy, by not dropping big names .... I wonder how they would look without Beckham, and that Lennon fellow in place ... for early pacey runs. Gerrad and Lampard are world class .... leagues ahead of Beckam (he may be best passer of a ball in the world, but his footballing brain is not to hot right now I dont think).

Rooney - for his own sake, with the pressure the whole of England has put on his shoulders as the great white hope, I hope he gets his sharpness and fitness back and manages to deliver ......... the same goes for that Walcott boy, I think he should be given a run out if game does not suit Crouch, just to give him the confidence after all the media hype about him been picked, otherwise his confidence could be severely dented I think.

No matter what happens, it looks like Sven will be the scape-goat ... and rightly so I'd say.... picking unfit and untried players ahead of others up front, and having a big name midfield that arent gelling is all his own fault.

Oh, and I just love ITV coverage compared to BBC .... listening to Ian Wright is torture for us Scots, I think he must of headed the ball to much as a player, otherwise how is he such a ..................................

Gillies

Edited by Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

drop beckham and get somebody who can get behind the defender

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

listening to Ian Wright is torture for us Scots

Imagine how we suffer with Alan Hansen and Gordon Strachen. Why we don't get subtitles is beyond me... :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE