Rakes

I have just lost my rake. Threw it hard and didnt hold onto it properly :( . Such is life. Was wondering is it possible to buy a purpose built rake somewhere rather than improvise with two rake heade tied together etc. Would appreciate some advice re this :)

Peter

A bad days fishing is better than a good day at the office. Tight lines all.

Snag! never it's an artificial reef.

:):):)

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

A small folding anchor (Im blowed if I can remember the correct name with this messed up head of mine!) you know the four armed one where the arms fold up and a small coller keeps them in place. These can be used for basic weed clearing and are obtainable at any ships chandlers.Cant remember (like thats anything new!) how much but I bet not much difference between the two rake heads and the "drink" to the welder. Oh you dont have to weld them you can simply drill and nut&bolt them together.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

A small folding anchor (Im blowed if I can remember the correct name with this messed up head of mine!) you know the four armed one where the arms fold up and a small coller keeps them in place.

Thanks for that tip, Budgie. I knew they must have a use, because they are rubbish for anchoring boats! :D

Edited by Dave Lumb

Dave

dlstsig.png

A small folding anchor (Im blowed if I can remember the correct name with this messed up head of mine!)

Its called a 'small folding anchor'

foldinganchor2.jpg

Edited by argyll

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

I made my rake a few weeks ago after a trip to my local bootfair - 2 rakes , a pack of cable ties (£1) and only 10 minutes work with a saw and some washing line. I've only used it once but it did perform with no problems at all and I didn't have to chat up my local welder.

Robin

PS - I tied a noose in the end of the washing line and hooked it round my ankle while I was chucking the rake out. Saves going in for a recovery mission!

Thats the one Gerry! now can you please post a picture of where I put my car keys!

Dave they aint much cop are they!Need a good length of chain and some carefull rigging to make them work.

Robin,when I read your post I had a mental picture of you shooting in the water foot first after a rather over zealous chuck! Good Idea about cable ties.

Still cant think of the name! Its not a Fishermans,or a Kedge or a Danson I think.Answers on a post card to the usual address...er along with the money of course.Not all correct answers will recieve a prize but all calls will be charged...........

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!