Taken July 21, 2006

Camera: Panasonic DMC-FZ20

weathered-boards.jpg

Grain on deck boards by Jan Vail

Taken July 21, 2006

deck-floor-boards.jpg

Edited by Jan of the 2 Ghillies

ASIcomplextorsade.jpg

Paperweight with complex canes and silhouettes.

Camera Canon Powershot A80.

Taken on 17th July 2006

Daylight

Edited by Peggy Burke

Classic Fishing Books www.classicfishingbooks.co.uk 100s of fishing books for sale/wanted + reviews

Wingham Fisheries www.anglersnet.co.uk/fisheries/wingham.htm Gravel pit syndicates in Kent. 2008 Forum Fish-In Sat May 17 to Mon May 19. For what happened in 2007 see http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=75031

Paperweights Plus www.paperweightsplus.com Off the shelf and customised paperweights

Closed for entries

But open for discussion, comments and other photographs taken outside of the challenge rules or period.

Well done to all, a poll vote will be started soon.

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Guest Jan of the 2 Ghillies

Peggy, absolutely brilliant picture of one of your paper weights. I sure would buy one (if I had anywhere to put it). :clap:

Guest Jan of the 2 Ghillies

Sure don't envy Steve picking 3 out of the lot.

This comp in my humble opinion has produced the BEST BY FAR entries out of any of the comps which is exciting because I did feel that enthusiasm was starting to wane slightly, laziness on my part. What a fantastic subject opening a myriad of ideas from a superb bunch of artistic contributors. I absolutely could NOT choose just three as every single entry was of superior artistic and photographic quality. It has inspired me to get back into it again, (I have been feeling jealous of constantly having to ask HB, what does this button do and how do I get that effect, the digital complexities had worn me down. Like my snail photo, I just want to come up with a clever idea and shoot). It couldn't be any more fitting I think that our illustrious moderator Steve be the judge for this outstanding selection of entries.

The only one that really stood out from the others for me was Cliffs 'Roman Arch'. What a rainbow of colours and a feeling of history and time. It reminded me of one of Steves very early entries in the 'Windows' comp that blew me away at the time.

If I absolutley had to pick a few I would go for Julias 'My Texture',

Dog Fish 'Holyhock',

and Peggys 'Paperweight'.

Haven't checked the three finalists yet. Congratulations to everyone on a running out of descriptive words mighty fine effort and to Steve for choosing this very interesting and inspiring theme.

Steve, I was wondering if you could list the name of the judge for each Comp on that first page of rules.

Edited by TubularBelle
I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!