Our week on the mull of Galloway.

musket

Exellent report musket. Enjoyed your company and the "craic" :) Told you the Mull of Galloway was ok :sun:

I am back over this friday to my caravan for the weekend :)

Lads week 2007??????????????????????? any more yakkers want a shot ?

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you had a good time, and managed to get the Snatch in a Yak.

Bill.

get the snatch in a yak -sounds interesting!

Not sure but that could be the first Conger landed on a kayak in the UK. Anybody else had one? (with photo) :wallbash:

well done everybody I'm glad it was worth the long journey for you all :clap::clap::thumbs:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Hi Neil,

Some great photo's there.Shame we didn't meet up as we had driven such a distance,had posted that we would be there at that time and given our location.

We were on the lookout for the other yakkers that had said they would turn up(including yourself) and would have welcomed some relatively local yakkers advice especially regarding tope marks.

Jon

Hi Jon,

As I said it was a shame we did not meet up but I think you had better advice on tap than we could give you. It was a 4 hour drive for us and I was on a flyer. We arrived at 3pm on Monday and put into the water straight away to catch the HW slack period. When we came out we were heading round to Port Logan to catch the ebb into darkness but it was just to rough.

We got our heads down for a nap so we could hit an early morning shot, by 5.30am we were afloat and out into Logan bay. At LW we came in and nipped back into Luce Bay for 2 hours. By 3pm I was on the road again heading for home.

To say I was on a hit and run mission was an understatement. We did pass through Drummore on Monday night and seen your car parked up next to the caravan. There was no one in the caravan and the thought of going to the bar would have been the ky bosh for my trip... I can't walk away from a pint....... :headhurt:

As for the others that did not turn up, the weather played a major roll in that early in the week. Shad from the site text me to say he was knackered after a 4 day stint in Wales, and was heading for home, can't blame him as the wind was still howling from the North at that point.

Neil.

Well done all of you... conger on the yak, nice one and like already said, proberbly a first on a UK Yak, so soak up some glory :D

Oh and getting Snatch in a yak, proberbly another first in the UK :D happens a lot on the continent or so I'm led to believe :D

Why couldn't Scotland be a little nearer to the M25, make an awful lot more sense. :)

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Hi all,

Let's not forget Chuggs conger from Salcombe in October last year:

conger.jpg

He had it up to the surface four times but neither of us wanted it in our yaks!!

And chuggs we didn't get any Bass whilst in Scotland but they were there in numbers.We found out what terrain they were feeding over and when on one trip but couldn't get back because of the wind on that side, on the days that we weren't targetting pollack.

Finn 17. My camera is nothing that special:a kyocera (yasheka take over) Finecam M410R.

Not weather/waterproof so I only take it out when fine and store it in a large waterproof container.

Cheers Jon.

Edited by musket

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

Glad you men had a good trip, can't beat the place can you. I was over last weekend delivering a dory and you guys were the talk of the village.

" fishing from kayaks, even had a fish finder " you made a lasting impression.

Pity the bass didn't play ball, but that means all the more for me in a fortnight :lol:

Glad you men had a good trip, can't beat the place can you. I was over last weekend delivering a dory and you guys were the talk of the village.

" fishing from kayaks, even had a fish finder " you made a lasting impression.

Pity the bass didn't play ball, but that means all the more for me in a fortnight :lol:

Tough John,big tides this weekend and I will be over Friday. Suppose I may leave you a few :) Out of interest just posted up the full weeks reort on the sea section and am waiting for my technical man(young Snatcher) to add some pictures :)

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Great report lads,sorry I couldnt make it.4 days camping and Yaking in Wales had me pretty worn out and the wind really picked up as I headed North.

For quality fishing I know where I should have been,would love to get into those Pollack with the Fly rod.

Our trip to Wales was pretty tame fishing wise lots of Schoolie Bass ,however getting close to Dolphins in the Yak made the journey worthwhile for me.

Cheers Colin

Well I did enjoy my short paddle in the yak and I can see the attraction it holds to you guys. Hope to see some of you next year for "Lads Week at the Mull :sun:

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Have just realised that Borderman is wearing fishnets, is that normal for north of the border :D

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com