Bad boats

Guest muttley

Thats all sad news :mellow: As you say, "a fish ain't worth it" . . . "changes the way one looks at life" . . . . . . . mmm

Pushing at an open door :lol: thats fine, I just hope the young'uns see sense. Some of these '20 something foot' craft are built to a 'just enough' standard! Secondary fittings are often not good enough! Maintenance is often a weak factor with owners, especially on out-drive equipped boats, some of the service checks are 50/100 hour or 6 monthly and may requiring a lift out, they cant afford it! or cant be bothered, the old 'red mist' does seem to descend from June to October, bass, bass, bass, bass :crazy: .

Its amazing how uninformed some owners are with respect to the operation of the fundamental drive/power operation of their craft. Go wrong at sea, they dont even have a basic idea of where to start looking!

I can relate how one owner went 30 miles off shore changed the fuel filter 4 times!!! First time was at 6 miles on the outward bound leg! why did he not turn round?? :hammer::doh: This owner constantly goes 40 miles off in F4-5 winds, it often blows up more in the day, craft; a 24ft Hardy, fine sea boat I say, but 'one day' will be once to many? Last 'nearly whoops' was a few weeks ago, 35 miles off, the O-D leg got stuck in the up position! An hour of wiggling wires, any wires, whilst being tossed about in not the best of weather, found a bad joint to the electric hydraulic pump! Just in case, the leg is now never raised when off shore.

Why should I worry, its not my life . . . . . <_<

SW

Edited by Sutton Warrior

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic