MAKERAL

skippy41

i AM THINKING OF GOING MAKERAL FISHING FROM THE SHORE OFF THE COAST NEAR BERWICK UP ON TWEED OR EYEMOUTH WHAT IS THE BEST TIME OF DAY, OR TIME OF YEAR TO GO ALSO WHAT IS BEST BEECH OR FROM ROCKS

[ 05. April 2005, 08:39 PM: Message edited by: skippy41 ]

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jay_con

Not just yet I dont think. maybe another month for you. June for us here in yorkshire. Best time of day is usually first and last light regardless of tide time. Another good time here is the 2 hours up to high tide

Skippy 41, I am infamous on here for correcting peoples spelling. I also don't care.

Do you read any angling mags, books, articles, web sites. When have you ever seen a fish called a Makeral?

It completely confounds me when people who claim to have a hobby or interest, cannot even be bothered to look up the correct spelling of a species that is part of their hobby. Would you post on a forum for gardeners and talk about your karrets? or your kabbidge!

Ok, Ok, I am ready for all the flak!

Do I care? No. Just doing my little bit to improve the English Language.

Hi skippy41,have never fished Berwick harbour but I would think the pier end would be your best bet for mackerel. The earliest they show off the Tyne is June so I assume that the Berwick area must be fairly similar.

Why not give the tackle shop in Berwick a bell for more accurate advice. Tight lines.

ps - you should see the state of my spelling at a weekend mate!

I also think that you will struggle on the beaches to locate mackerel. You really need deeper shore marks. Possibly the Eyemouth or St Abbs areas. Like I say best to give the local tackle shop a visit and pick his brains.

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

skippy 41 forget berwick get yourself upto coldingham bay off the rocks to the right looking out to sea about mid june lots of mackerel

last june 4 of us cought 125 fish in 4 hours

most givin to one of the homeless hostles in edinburgh kept a few for our selfs great fun was had by all theres a hotel at the top of the beach so lunch was nice and hot good pint as well

[ 05. April 2005, 11:10 PM: Message edited by: pumphypete ]

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif