SFSA / SACN meeting with Scottish Executive

seaside

The meeting has been confirmed for 2nd August between 15:00pm -16:30pm. John Brown, Head of Tourism and Architecture policy division and Frank Strang, Head of Sea Fisheries division will be present, as will myself, Barry Scholes and Ian Burrett.

We shall be looking to address the principle areas of RSA direct involvement in fisheries policy making, RSA species conservation, social inclusion and access, and developing RSA and RSA tourism. I appreciate these are very broad areas but we are developing a much tighter set of questions for the meeting itself.

This meeting is not just for the benefit of the SFSA and SACN, I would also like to ensure the broadest coverage by leaving Messers Brown and Strang with a comprehensive list of all RSA related issues / questions that readers of this forum would like addressed / have answers to.

Many on this forum are probably vistors to Scotland, you may wish to comment on their assertion that they are doing all that is needed to keep existing and attract new business.

So please make your contributions - direct on the forum, pm or email --- I don't mind which. Scottish anglers especially - If you aren't willing to let them know what you think or want to know, you can't blame them for not listening or telling.

I'll post a full report on the meeting along with answers to all questions raised.

Edited by seaside

to protect the dwindling spurdog populations close loch's etive & sunart to long lining activity. they bring nothing to the local economy. to be seen to be fair angler's must be catch & release only at these venues.

Bass nurserys to be set up in Scotland. Luce bay and Wigton bay could be used. catch & release applies to us as well.

commercial activity (trawling of any type) to be banned within 1 mile of the coastline. pots etc to remain.

bring in these with meaningful discussion on further improvements which are close to other people's hearts and i would be willing to pay a rod license.

The meeting has been confirmed for 2nd August between 15:00pm -16:30pm. John Brown, Head of Tourism and Architecture policy division and Frank Strang, Head of Sea Fisheries division will be present, as will myself, Barry Scholes and Ian Burrett.

We shall be looking to address the principle areas of RSA direct involvement in fisheries policy making, RSA species conservation, social inclusion and access, and developing RSA and RSA tourism. I appreciate these are very broad areas but we are developing a much tighter set of questions for the meeting itself.

This meeting is not just for the benefit of the SFSA and SACN, I would also like to ensure the broadest coverage by leaving Messers Brown and Strang with a comprehensive list of all RSA related issues / questions that readers of this forum would like addressed / have answers to.

Many on this forum are probably vistors to Scotland, you may wish to comment on their assertion that they are doing all that is needed to keep existing and attract new business.

So please make your contributions - direct on the forum, pm or email --- I don't mind which. Scottish anglers especially - If you aren't willing to let them know what you think or want to know, you can't blame them for not listening or telling.

:

I'll post a full report on the meeting along with answers to all questions raised.

:clap2: FULL protection for tope and common skate in Scottish waters would be a good start. :clap2 Edited by Norm B

to protect the dwindling spurdog populations close loch's etive & sunart to long lining activity. they bring nothing to the local economy. to be seen to be fair angler's must be catch & release only at these venues.

Bass nurserys to be set up in Scotland. Luce bay and Wigton bay could be used. catch & release applies to us as well.

commercial activity (trawling of any type) to be banned within 1 mile of the coastline. pots etc to remain.

bring in these with meaningful discussion on further improvements which are close to other people's hearts and i would be willing to pay a rod license.

Hi Dale

The Spurdog in Sunnart/Etive, tope in Luce Bay, Skate in the Firth of Lorne/Sounds of Mull and the Porgies of Scrabster will be top of our agenda. We will also be promoting the BMP and Nursery areas for the Bass

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

We will also be promoting the BMP and Nursery areas for the Bass

Not really sure if it's on a big enough scale or not but the annual nonsense that goes on at Torness needs addressed. I have no doubt that that area could be a great Bass fishing area if it was left alone and didn't suffer from idiots every year bagging and selling on every juvenile Bass that they catch.

In the grand scheme of things it might not be a top priority but it's a real shame that an area which, if left alone, could produce some excellent sport is ruined each and every year by idiots keeping undersize fish and the illegal netting which is alleged takes place.

This has been reported time and time again (only occasionally do the fisheries guys turn up) and yet the problem still exists.

I've met enough people there to know that they are willing to travel good distances to catch Bass. Maybe if they were protected the sport would really be something?

Again this is a problem that I get frequently annoyed by but I'm not sure if it merits further action or not?

Good to have the opportunity to raise the issue anyway :)

Not really sure if it's on a big enough scale or not but the annual nonsense that goes on at Torness needs addressed. I have no doubt that that area could be a great Bass fishing area if it was left alone and didn't suffer from idiots every year bagging and selling on every juvenile Bass that they catch.

In the grand scheme of things it might not be a top priority but it's a real shame that an area which, if left alone, could produce some excellent sport is ruined each and every year by idiots keeping undersize fish and the illegal netting which is alleged takes place.

This has been reported time and time again (only occasionally do the fisheries guys turn up) and yet the problem still exists.

I've met enough people there to know that they are willing to travel good distances to catch Bass. Maybe if they were protected the sport would really be something?

Again this is a problem that I get frequently annoyed by but I'm not sure if it merits further action or not?

Good to have the opportunity to raise the issue anyway :)

We intend to leave an RSA document with the exec which will also be published on line. The point you raised about Torness is valid and certainly worth inclusion.

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

We intend to leave an RSA document with the exec which will also be published on line. The point you raised about Torness is valid and certainly worth inclusion.

Good to know Ian. A great deal of thanks to all those fighting on behalf of RSA in Scotland :thumbs:

Good luck with the meeting. Hope it all goes well.

Whilst you are there could you mention an all tides slipway at Drummore and an extension of the m74 from Hamilton to Ardgour :yeah:

dave

You only have to ask. Work on a new, all singing, all dancing slipway starts at Ardwell next month.

The motorway may take a bit longer :lol::lol:

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk