Casting

Elton

Posted on behalf of a site visitor - please post all replies to this thread:

I am totally new to fishing, and have recently taken up beach casting.

Probably like many new anglers i cant cast as far as i would like, im sure a lot of it is parctice but does anybody have any tips to gane those extra meters?

Also any good marks in the East yorkshire reagion spurn point to scarbrough?

Thanks in advance

Simon

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am but a mere novice in casting but feel free to pm me......I can maybe give you a few pointers but dont expect miracles as Im no big hitter myself :P There are some good casting faq'a on mike thrussels world of sea fishing you might want to take a look at too

Im in Scarborough BTW :P

Edited by skippytheroo

Skippy

So many questions so little time....

Hi Simon try Macky's forum, HERE.

You will get all the info, on fishing venues, from Spurn Point to Scarborough. Also someone may put you in touch with a casting instructor or even offer to help you. ;)

Cheers 4 Now

John E

ANBanna.gif

If your willing to travel a little there is a casting night every Thursday on Kirkleatham field at Redcar. John Ward is the man you want. Top bloke and excellent instructor. PM me if you want his email address.

As for marks. If your willing to come a little further up check out www.photorecce.co.uk It also has details for flamborough , filey , sewerby and a few other spots.

Edited by glennk

If your willing to travel a little there is a casting night every Thursday on Kirkleatham field at Redcar. John Ward is the man you want. Top bloke and excellent instructor. PM me if you want his email address.

As for marks. If your willing to come a little further up check out www.photorecce.co.uk It also has details for flamborough , filey , sewerby and a few other spots.

Is John the big guy who we talked to at the fishing match Glenn? The day we tackled Boulby cliff :P

Skippy

So many questions so little time....

hi simon ,, iknow ime not from your area , so i dont know what conditions your fishing in but if its not to harsh get your self one of the new long rods & practice just chucking it over your head i done it 2 years ago ,,,, :rolleyes: never looked back ,,,,,

Ime off to yak skoool,,,,,,no more overruns to get out there,,,,

The best piece of advice given was the guy who suggested the casting night and the instructor. Forget long rods, braid etc etc. Learn to cast well and you can do it all. I get sick of hearing "well you only need to be 50 out", the thing is I can fish at 50 if i choose to, can they fish at 150 if they need to ?

:blink:

The best piece of advice given was the guy who suggested the casting night and the instructor. Forget long rods, braid etc etc. Learn to cast well and you can do it all. I get sick of hearing "well you only need to be 50 out", the thing is I can fish at 50 if i choose to, can they fish at 150 if they need to ?

:rolleyes: still fishing short then mate

Ime off to yak skoool,,,,,,no more overruns to get out there,,,,