Gutted. Me, not a fish.

Unimexsol

Thought I'd pop out for a couple hours last night and all was ok until my final cast. There was a loud crack and the top half of the rod flew about 10ft whilst the I was left holding the bottom half.

I'm particularly upset as my dad made the rod for me about 20 years ago with some carbon? blanks that he'd got.

It broke at the joint, looks like the female part just disintegrated - anyone know if there's any chance of me getting it fixed?

Thought I'd pop out for a couple hours last night and all was ok until my final cast. There was a loud crack and the top half of the rod flew about 10ft whilst the I was left holding the bottom half.

I'm particularly upset as my dad made the rod for me about 20 years ago with some carbon? blanks that he'd got.

It broke at the joint, looks like the female part just disintegrated - anyone know if there's any chance of me getting it fixed?

The short answer is no. It can be done but not particularly easily or well and to be honest it would probably cost more than a new rod.

I can understand that you may want it done for sentimental reasons but the new rod will probably be better anyway.

Sorry

Dave

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Cheers Sportsman Dave. It's not what I wanted to hear, but I appreciate it anyway. I've still got one of the rods that he made for me so it's not the end of the world. It's a shame though, I really liked that rod and there was of course the sentimental aspect to it too. My dad's still alive but at the age of 81 his eyesight isn't really upto whippng the eyes on anymore. :-(

Maybe I'll buy some blanks and he can show me how to do it...

Where abouts are you? Theres a great tackle shop which does repairs called Lostock Tackle Box (just outside Preston Lancs) I've heard a lot of good things said about them maybe they can help. Type Lostock Tackle into Google.

Good luck

if anyone can fix/repair it scott at Esselle Pole Repairs in LEICESTER can (after all a pole is just a rod without rings) he's very good and enjoys a challenge.

ESSELLE POLE REPAIRS

4 SLATE BROOK CLOSE

GROBY

LEICESTER

LE6 0EE

Phone - 0775 967 8774

web:http://www.polerepairs.co.uk/index.html

Edited by chavender

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

Dick Clegg is another one!! In BARNSLEY is our DICK!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

OI OI,

an awfull lot of negative attitude on this thread suerly someone can saw of the old female joint off & fix some sort of ferel over the top it sounds quite strait foward to me but hey i know bugger all anyway,

it was just a thought any way i hope you get it fixed even if you never use it again m8.

after my farther passed i wanted his gear as he had some nice stuff sentimental reason's you know, but i found my eldest brother had given all his gear away & said he didn't think anyone would want it DOHHH

CHEER'S BILL

:wallbash::wallbash::schmoll:

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite