A day in the life off . . .

Guest Silver Back

Yesterday was one of those days that had a bitter sweet experience. Beautifull sunshine, life has been a struggle over recent months, with Hazels illness. However with help from 'friends' things have improved, my mental state has gone from negative to positive and Hazel was on the up. The competition 'texture and pattern' had stumped me, although negative thoughts were the main problem.

So, Wednesday morning, no more negative thought, put the Canon S50 in the glove box and off to work. It so happened the jobs for Wednesday were perfect, all out of town, so 10 minuets extra her and 5 there, did not matter. The intense sun created problems, but beggars cant be choosers. By the 12.30, I had 80 pictures in the can, 7 days before, I could not think how to interpret the subject :sun:

All the good vibes were shattered by 5 O'clock, Hazel was in an Ambulance with a blood pressure so low it was life threatening, she was stabilised in A&E then taken to intensive care. The good part is that the fantastic care and attention over night has put her back to near normal :yeah: Now, a few days on drip fed antibiotics and all will be well. Having seen at first hand the pressures our medics work under, often, with one metaphoric hand tied behind their back by under funding, I take my hat off to them, and offer my sincere gratitude, :1a:

As I had 80 pics., sitting here, Thursday morning, feeling relieved and tiered, did not wake up till 9 O'clock, phoned work, "not coming in today!". Could not put them all in the comp, so I thought you would like to see a few, the suns wrong, it was so hot, but still they have turned out no so bad? I find them all soothing, treat it as tribute to the wonderful medical team of Ipswich Hospital.

Round bail of the modern harvest.

HarvestRoll.jpg

In need of repair?

Fence1rw.jpg

God is in his heaven.

Leaves.jpg

Who walked through this roman arch in Cholchester, 2000 years of history

RomaArch.jpg

Old pumping station, 'Art Deco' style?

WaterPumping.jpg

Love that flint.

ChurchButres.jpg

The door to Gods house, has many stories to tell?

ChurchDoor.jpg

Enjoy, Cliff, :ph34r:

Edited by CJS2

Wonderful photo's Cliff,i will be thinking of Hazel.My best wishes to you both.

Edited by medwaygreen

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Nice pics Cliff, I love the arch shot. :sun: Lighting is is nearly always not perfect, I've spent all winter wishing for sunlight, now I want it to go away..:D

I'm glad to hear Hazel is now stabilised, please pass on my best wishes for me.

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Nice photos, Cliff. All the best to Hazel.

Did you knw that all the best people were born in Colchester? Well known fact, that is ;)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Nice photos, Cliff. All the best to Hazel.

Did you knw that all the best people were born in Colchester? Well known fact, that is ;)

Elton, mate, although I work in Colchester and live in Ipswich, we are 'in commeres'. Hazel comes from Hartlepool, and I was born and bred in Hertfordshire, we are only 4 years of the area. Perhaps all the best people 'work in Colchester'? lol :lol:

An update on Hazel, she is doing well, although there are still problems. I learned today, she was lucky to make it, thanks to fast action at A&E and the dedicated medics in intensive care. They say she has '9 lives', she needs them, we are not out of the woods yet, this one is a little complicated.

Cliff