What does a carp run feel like?

TrevBoy

I was out with my quiver tip today fishing for tench and had to do a Superman impersonation to get my rod back as it darted towards the lake, thankfully it (or i) didn't go in!

A few minutes later a 5 1/2lb tench slipped into the net :thumbs:

When they want to go they can go like a steam train.

That's interesting - because the runs were so different I had assumed they weren't tench.

Thanks all for the info

Well, the mystery is solved - it happened again tonight: a fast, straight run across the lake. 20mins later, and half a pound of pond weed to the good, I landed the culprit and was a little disapointed to find it was a 5.5lb tench. never saw it until it was in the net due to the weed wrapped round it.

Disappointed because it was 5.5lb tench :o

I've been fishing for over 16 years and have had fish to nearly 32lb (uk), when i caught my 5 1/2lb tench yesterday i couldn't stop smiling, in-fact I'm smiling now!

Why was you disappointed?, Thats a very nice fish and one you should be proud of!

Cheers

<º))))><.·´¯`·.ÐÅѸ.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

IPB Image

Carefull DJMC Dude! if the "Carp Police" read this they will be round your house in a flash.

You have obviously not been taking your Cypry pills and have become once again sentinent and achieved individual thought away from the great Carp World Hive Dome Collective! Watch your door and the skies for balaclavad men dressed in Advantage Real Tree camo as they will be there soon to take you back to Yately Angling Centre for re programming and brain washing (or is it Brain Glugging?) Resist their atempts to inject you with Ethyl Alcohol based flavours or even worse eat fish meal boillies.Ignore there very slow ,gentle (normally Marajuana induced) whisperings about giant fish and becoming a bait feild tester,Resist! try to remember that there are other fish out there......er somewhere........................................Quick I can hear the Micron MXR's sirens and see the glinting of stainless steel in the moon light they are comming! Run my boy run like the wind..........

Quick Legal Disclaimer-

Budgie Burgess would like to state that despite what was inferred above not all carp anglers he knows are addicted to Marajuana.......................................................................

....................just the greater majority.

Also it isnt true about Yately Angling Centre....just that the Peat Brothers (the Kent Carp scene's answer to the Krays?) at the Tackle Box threatened to beat me up.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Lol, i carp fish, but i do all fishing.

This week I've been on the quiver tip for tench, ( driving past my cat/carp lake to get there) and been on the river 3 times spinning for perch and chub.

And before the carp police come for me I'd like to say in my defence that the tench was caught on pop-up corn with a running cage feeder, fished on the edge of my Spodded ground-bait :lol:

For the pike police, i use the same set-up for perch as i do for pike, just smaller lures and spinners and have my menagerie of pike unhooking gear with me just in-case!

Cheers

<º))))><.·´¯`·.ÐÅѸ.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

IPB Image

Disappointed because it was 5.5lb tench :o

I've been fishing for over 16 years and have had fish to nearly 32lb (uk), when i caught my 5 1/2lb tench yesterday i couldn't stop smiling, in-fact I'm smiling now!

Why was you disappointed?, Thats a very nice fish and one you should be proud of!

Well, perhaps thats not the right word - yes its a good fish but I get those at that weight most times I go. Was looking forward to a new species to add to me list, that's all.

Been getting a large number of nice rudd on sweetcorn lately, fish hard on the bottom. Just goes to show...

Bloody hell Trev where is it your going if you catch them all the time? And can i come pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :)

I was fishing for tench a few years ago, had completely unstopable run which i eventually had to clamp down on to stop it getting into some lillies. The hook pulled. I though this was clearly a carp, but no matter the tench were going mad so i didn't care.

Next cast same thing happened though this time it turned round at the lillies and came steaming back to the margins and weeded me. Assuming it was a carp I got my mate to set up my large carp net and went in after it. I found the fish and scooped that and half a ton of weed into the net and took the whole lot ashore. Imagine my delight when after fishing all the weed out of the way it wasn't a carp after all but a 8lb 11oz tench!

Trust me pound for pound large tench can give an carp a run for its money.

Rich