great start to the season!

ricey

just thought i'd share some pics of the fish my g/f and I have caught over the past few days.

I broke my Chub PB 3 times! and also landed my first River Carp! Lousie also broke her Chub PB.

First cast of the season on the River Colne near Colchester and my old Chub PB is broken with this 3lb 11oz Chub

later that same day I smashed my new pb with this old warrior 4lb 2oz Chub

Louise set her new PB with this 2lb 8oz Chub

she took the photo.

The day after we fished the Chelmer in Chelmsford.

At the end of the day I some how managed to land this 8lb 12oz River Carp it fought like mad, and on 5lb line a bit of good luck was definatly involved!

Then on Monday we headed up to the Suffolk Stour where I broke my Chub record again! this time it was a short stocky fish which surprised me when I got it on the scales. 4lb 7oz Chub

so a pretty good start to the season for us so far! :)

RossMc, chub will eat most baits, though I prefer bread. The main secret with chub is to be very quiet when approaching the swim and to keep your profile low, they are very very easily spooked.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY