Worst service ever from germans

djandy

Hi

Does anyone have and answer to this? Browning has a pole section of mine it was sent back by a local shop we have proof it was delivered? the section was faulty from new and has a retail price of over £500 but browning are refusing to send the section back to the shop.

They say they will only deal with me

I do not wish to deal with browning as the shop has the responsability to deal on my behalf, but browning are refusing to send a new one.

I would reccomend that if you are purchasing a very expensive pole that you do not use a company like the above mentioned but someone who has a good back-up service browning seem to be very bad.

we are now going to trading standards and if necessary the police as this company has stolen my goods and i cannot use the pole. :angry:

looks bad on Browning.

Let me just mention-yesterday i received new top section of my Drennan Floatmaster combo(faulty ring)-it took Drennen only 3 day to sort the problem out.No question asked,no money,no fuss.Top service.

Ps:Thanks guys from Penge for sorting it out.

As far as I am aware under the sale of goods act if you have been sold an item that is not fit for the purpose for which it was inetended then you have a legal right to insist on a replacement or refund from the place that you bought it from. The shop. The shop then have to go back to the place that they bought it from. It is a bit like car dealers passing the buck onto Ford or whoever for faults in a new car. They have no legal right to do it. They are the vendors to you not Ford, or Browning in this case. So I would get back to Browning and tell them that legaly you are only obliged to deal with the shop and then follow it up with your complaint to the Trading Standards.

A Hammond

I do not wish to deal with browning as the shop has the responsability to deal on my behalf, but browning are refusing to send a new one.

Surely if you talk with them(Browning) the problem will be resolved easily?

This Data Protection Act has plenty to answer for!! Can barely make a phone call from work these days without someone bringing it into play and I`m sure 90% of the time it`s just used to avoid dealing with a problem.

DS

I've broken two Daiwa rods over the years and have dealt with Daiwa direct both times, posting the rod with a letter asking them to fix/replace the top section. Both times they've send me another top section for free. Top service :thumbs:

I think if this was me I'd just deal with Browning direct and get it over with. It doesn't make Browning look good though, and it really should be the shop's responsibility in this case. Sounds annoying.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

As far as I am aware under the sale of goods act if you have been sold an item that is not fit for the purpose for which it was inetended then you have a legal right to insist on a replacement or refund from the place that you bought it from. The shop. ....

Correct. You have a contract with the vendor, not the maker. Returning stuff to the supplier for repair or replacement is a tacky and illegal way for shops to escape their responsibilities.

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

I have to say as Browning dealers I've never had any problem with Browning/Zebco. We've had broken pole sections on new poles replaced within a few days by Browning directly to us which are then inspected and handed out to customers.

However, I think you need to be fully aware of the facts of the case before slating what is a very good brand name (with legal representation as well!) and there may be circumstances which you are not privy to as to why Browning and the shop are unable to sort this between them.

If Browning have offered to replace your section directly I think a report to trading standards or the police will be bounced.

Ian W

Hi

Does anyone have and answer to this? Browning has a pole section of mine it was sent back by a local shop we have proof it was delivered? the section was faulty from new and has a retail price of over £500 but browning are refusing to send the section back to the shop.

I would reccomend that if you are purchasing a very expensive pole that you do not use a company like the above mentioned but someone who has a good back-up service browning seem to be very bad.

we are now going to trading standards and if necessary the police as this company has stolen my goods and i cannot use the pole. :angry:

hope you didn't mention the war eh that might do it... B)

Edited by kempo

anyone got any of of these punches please
Broadband problems, click here
my m8 is a pike angler and one of the nicest people you could ever meet.IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

By the way I'll add Browning probably have as good a spares and support service as any dealer at least as poles are concerned - fully stocking spares for poles many (many) seasons beyond the product life. This includes cheaper poles such as the Border Marauders (£40) which in all honesty even as a dealer I wouldn't expect to be able to obtain spares for 5 years (although Browning do tell us this is possible).

Ian W

• 5 weeks later...

Hi

thanks for everyones help? but we have solved the matter with browning they have sent me the new section and the shop has now closed there account with them, this is a real shop and not an internet only shop and they have been a customer of Brownings for over 10 years? but they say enough is enough the service from Browning has been so bad they do not want to deal with them again, even the rep who tried to help has now resigned my advice is dont purchase Browning products or Quantum or Rhino or Zebco as these are owned by the germans and they do not give off good vibes they have now closed their UK offices to save money. :headhurt: