gill nets

danno 1

Probably the only person breaking the law would be Danno 1 for removing and destroying the net. By the sounds of it , it was a mackeral net with the smaller 2inch mesh as described. What a pillock for interfering with the net in the first place and then admitting that the net no longer exists when the net was probably tatally legal, unlike the illegal act in removing and destroying someone elses property and then having the gall to come on someone elses forum and brag about it, only one word describes someone who does things like that and the word is............ [Edited by John S]

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably the only person breaking the law would be Danno 1 for removing and destroying the net. By the sounds of it , it was a mackeral net with the smaller 2inch mesh as described. What a pillock for interfering with the net in the first place and then admitting that the net no longer exists when the net was probably tatally legal, unlike the illegal act in removing and destroying someone elses property and then having the gall to come on someone elses forum and brag about it, only one word describes someone who does things like that and the word is............ [Edited by John S]

everyone is entitled to thier opinion Brian even if it's different to the majority.I for one find the practicing of gill netting doesn't agree with my principles bieng a conservationist,but then that's my opinion.I have also been known to break a few laws---hell I broke the speed limit today!

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Probably the only person breaking the law would be Danno 1 for removing and destroying the net. By the sounds of it , it was a mackeral net with the smaller 2inch mesh as described. What a pillock for interfering with the net in the first place and then admitting that the net no longer exists when the net was probably tatally legal, unlike the illegal act in removing and destroying someone elses property and then having the gall to come on someone elses forum and brag about it, only one word describes someone who does things like that and the word is............Prat

I also fish this mark with danno 1 , and belive me , if you fished this mark for mackeral , you'd be fishing till the next ice age before you'd even sniff a mackie, so loudmouth learn about other peoples marks before you go insulting them ............. [Edited by John S] Sorry to the other forum members for dropping to this jerks level , beleive me danno knows these waters like the back of he's hand.

One reason I enjoy this forum is because we all express our differing opinions in a manor that befits people with a brain. We have never descended to the level of personal insults found on other forums.

If you have a different opinion lets hear and discuss it but lets keep it at a level above the Junior School playground. All a bit sad really. :thumbdown:

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Its about time some folk on here took their head out of that dark special place they keep it and took a reality check on what they say and what they do because their irresponsible and criminal actions show real and responsible anglers up in a bad light.

Do you really think that the lobster liberation front are correct in their destruction of boats and pots just because they don't like the idea of lobsters being caught and eaten. Would you shake the hand of some environmental fruit cake who'd just torched your car because he thinks we should all be using public transport or push bikes because cars pollute and ruin the ozone layer. I think not , I think you'd react most strongly if anyone was to destoy your own personal property under whatever guise happened to suit their purposes at any one time

So why do you think its correct to destroy someone elses personal and legitimley placed net just because you don't like them and why do you think its clever or correct to second or support someone elses actions in doing so.

To destroy someone elses personal property in this case a legally set gill net is a criminal act and to come on here and broadcast it and then second it puts the owner of the site in a difficult position. It would not be hard to find out who is who as a legal request to obtain members ISP address would have to be complied with and then traced to a residential address from the ISP providor. That could well result in court action for the wilful destruction of someone elses personal property and it would in this case be perfectly appropriate.

Should such a senario happen I wonder whether the courts would think of myself a prick for absolutley condemming such irresponsible behaviour or think the individual was a prat for the wilful destruction of said property or a pillock for using someone elses public forum boards for admitting doing it in the first place

Its about time some folk on here took their head out of that dark special place they keep it and took a reality check on what they say and what they do because their irresponsible and criminal actions show real and responsible anglers up in a bad light.

Do you really think that the lobster liberation front are correct in their destruction of boats and pots just because they don't like the idea of lobsters being caught and eaten. Would you shake the hand of some environmental fruit cake who'd just torched your car because he thinks we should all be using public transport or push bikes because cars pollute and ruin the ozone layer. I think not , I think you'd react most strongly if anyone was to destoy your own personal property under whatever guise happened to suit their purposes at any one time

So why do you think its correct to destroy someone elses personal and legitimley placed net just because you don't like them and why do you think its clever or correct to second or support someone elses actions in doing so.

To destroy someone elses personal property in this case a legally set gill net is a criminal act and to come on here and broadcast it and then second it puts the owner of the site in a difficult position. It would not be hard to find out who is who as a legal request to obtain members ISP address would have to be complied with and then traced to a residential address from the ISP providor. That could well result in court action for the wilful destruction of someone elses personal property and it would in this case be perfectly appropriate.

Should such a senario happen I wonder whether the courts would think of myself a prick for absolutley condemming such irresponsible behaviour or think the individual was a prat for the wilful destruction of said property or a pillock for using someone elses public forum boards for admitting doing it in the first place

I am not going to use someone elses forum to hurl personal insults so i shall get on and say my piece. That net was placed in an area that is a few hundred yards offshore and was completely unmarked.It was in an area that is used by dinghy sailors and motor boats.The only fish that are ever caught in that area are Bass, never mackeral.

I am not some fruit cake environmentalist and i wouldnt even call myself a conservationist but i will not stand there and watch the wilfull destruction of undersize fish. I would also take action if i saw protected birds being shot or taken out of season.

Back to the subject of the net.Nowhere in my post did i say that the net had been destroyed. It no longer exists as a threat to the fish. It has been moved and if the owner cares to identify himself at the local police station when he reports it missing then i and an SFC officer will be quite happy to show him where he can find it.

Does this mean that the method of using mackerel mesh in gill nets in environments where bass are the dominant species and saying that you are only trying to catch smaller species and that the Bass in the net are an unfortunate bycatch is at an end and that using such nets in this way is not legal and that the SFCs are taking action on this basis?

KAYAKS:

* OK Prowler 13 (Sunrise)

* OK Scupper Pro TW (Mango Flame)

Sneaky feeling that isnt going to happen Danno. :thumbs:

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)