Which are the best

nursejudy

Is it just me, or do others buy the cheap ones?

Judy, the cheap shop on Hillsborough corner sells pleomax, made by samsung 25x plus double cases for less than a fiver.

Good enough for me, when I give most away anyway, and hopefully never need the back ups as I print what I like the best and put in albums.

Bet I'm shot down in flames on this one :yeah:

Cheers

If all else fails, follow the intructions.

DVD's to buy for my photographs please

thanks as always

judith

As Camerman Judy, I buy cheapies, they seem to work, occasionaly I get one that wont work, but it usualy flags up as duff at the beginning of a burn, so I just replace it and continue. I would expect a couple of duffs in a 100? I find the descriptions of what they can do and store very confusing!

Curently using, £15 for 100, from Maplins, 'Mr Data, CD-R 80Min/700Mb 52x compatable' ???? :huh::headhurt: see what I mean, but they work for me. At that price, there are no clear plastic cases, I buy the white paper CD envelopes. As most of mine are sent to magazines through the post, its the lightest option. Not sure what the price of the clear plastic case x 10/20? is on its own?

Cliff

Hi Judy,

I agree with most comments,i buy the cheapest CD-R's to back up anything i want, do my photo's once a month and then throw away the old one or give to a family member for their use.

:thumbs:

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

what about the playing quality of the dvd discs when using to view on tv..also will the quality last for years....

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

I may be wrong,someone will correct me but for photo's there should be no difference the cd/dvd difference is capacity ie 700MB CD to 4.7GB and more for DVD.I do not think that there is play wear as you are showing a digital file and not playing as in the old video days when the tape used to wear.

Edited by medwaygreen

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

I have over 20GB of photos on my hard drive and once a month I burn the whole lot to DVD. I have just done them again this morning - 6 DVD's total. I use reasonable DVD's that cost around 15p each, not the cheapest (you can get them for around 10p each if ou look around) At the moment I am using Datawrite "Mach4" , nothing special. By backing up once a month I know I will always have a copy of my shots and the cost today was about £1..cheap really, and it took about an hour and a half.While they are burning I just get some other chores done about the place.

I decided when I lost some shots a while back that I would overdo the backing up from now on, to ensure I always have a copy, and when it gets to 10 dvds at a time I'll organise myself a seperate hard drive to store them on also, currently they are also stored on another machine.

Over the top I know but my reasoning is this, you can spend 2-3 hours taking 2-300 photos one day, so why not spend a couple of hours once a month to back up ALL your shots, as you already have a lot of time invested in the photographs and for the cost of £1...well its daft not too.

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet