penlee lifeboats

bensrus

anyone who fishes shore or boat,who watched tonights program about the penlee lifeboat boys,must have been incredibly moved,those chaps had hearts of gold and nerves of steel,never mind some pretty boy £100,000 a week footballer being described as a hero,when you look up hero in the dictionary it should say "see penlee lifeboats",respect to all the lifeboat crews everywhere.

I was gutted that I only caught the end.

I have the utmost respect for any RNLI crew member.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

It was a great program and very emotional, the moment the VHF went dead was very eerie.

Brave, brave men putting to sea that night to try and save others.

Scott

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time

Saw the whole program

Always considered all RNLI volunteers to be heroes above virtually anything or anyone else. Last night's programme served to reinforce this view. Bravery and dedication that few of us could dream of possessing under such circumstances.

As a regular angler, mostly from a boat, I regularly donate to the RNLI- best money I've spent.

We do what we can for the RNLI but I always wish we could do more, the eeriest part for me in the programme was when after the first radio silence you heard the tone of the coastguards voice completely change when he tried to call them again.

I think it was wrong that the enquiry blamed it all on the weather, the skipper should have taken the tow.

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

The RNLI what a brilliant organisation.

I can not say that apart from making my own personal donation i have done a lot to help but 30 years ago when i was something my company furnished their HQ free.

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.