BBC's Trawlermen

ColinW

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest challenge
B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Norm B @ Aug 7 2006, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

: and lie detectors

The machines wouldn't be able to cope!

:bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163:

If you’re going to have a laugh at commercial fishermen then I believe you will have to come up with better statements than that.

Sounds like childish jealous school ground behavior to me and I am a recreational angler. God knows what it must sound like to commercial fishermen.

I enjoyed the program because at the end of the day it showed men working at sea as a team. Doing something that they where dedicated to.

Having a respect for each other a respect for the sea and a respect for the boats that mean so much to them. They where unceremoniously working in harsh conditions at a job that they loved.

Maybe that’s what has sparked your dislike for the program and therefore your cheep childish attacks.

They where unceremoniously working in harsh conditions at a job that they loved.

Maybe that’s what has sparked your dislike for the program and therefore your cheep childish attacks.

Maybe I just thought it was a crap programme? Am I allowed to think that or what?

And is having a laugh allowed, or not?

Edited by Steve Coppolo

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Guest challenge
Maybe I just thought it was a crap programme? Am I allowed to think that or what?

You say or do what you want Steve, your humor has some value in gaining and holding attention, but it has no persuasive value at all.

I just thought that it was a cheep go at something that you where never going to be converted to so therefore you looked towards humor.

They say that imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is.

It may well have been a crap program, that for each of us to decide. It was at least entertaining.

Perhaps you should try a couple of trips from Peterhead, at least then your opinion of fishermen would be a little more informed. I'm sure it's not something that I would like do!

"I fish therefore I am"

You say or do what you want Steve, your humor has some value in gaining and holding attention, but it has no persuasive value at all.

I just thought that it was a cheep go at something that you where never going to be converted to so therefore you looked towards humor.

They say that imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is.

Old Binatone used to love quoting as well.

What Galbraith said was " Humor is richly rewarding to the person who employs it. It has some value in gaining and holding attention, but it has no persuasive value at all."

As you've also quoted Francis Bacon, another one from him which I'm sure would help from time to time on the forum quote " Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted... but to weigh and consider. "

Guest challenge
Old Binatone used to love quoting as well.

What Galbraith said was " Humor is richly rewarding to the person who employs it. It has some value in gaining and holding attention, but it has no persuasive value at all."

As you've also quoted Francis Bacon, another one from him which I'm sure would help from time to time on the forum quote " Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted... but to weigh and consider. "

Don’t know if I am to take that as an insult or a complement seaside?

Everybody quotes somebody sometimes in there life. Maybe I just read too much?

Here’s a quote for you.

“In the past when I shot films about fishermen and hunters, I always had to admire there ability to perceive time in its entirety. The present was always tempory.

Leonart meri.

What a load of old ****.

Don't drink and drive.

Perhaps you should try a couple of trips from Peterhead, at least then your opinion of fishermen would be a little more informed. I'm sure it's not something that I would like do!

Why should I? My opinion of commercial fishermen is fine thanks.

Edited by Steve Coppolo

Don't drink and drive.