french WINFALL

steve good

Hi Steve

Surely you don't have to be an angler to know that isn't a good thing to do? You said yourself that's what lead to the poor Cod fishing we have now. Surely you wouldn't want the same thing to happen with bass?

hi steve

if the uk get a small bass quota, human nature being what it is what has happen to the cod will happen to the bass

eg £5 a kilo for small bass =£5,000 per ton of quota, £10 a kilo for large bass = £10,000 per ton

if a boats quota is 5 ton a year that =£25,000 for small bass or £50,000 for large bass

if the total running costs of that boat come to £23,000 what would you do

thats what happen to cod and is still happening

regards steve

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you feel no shame earning your living like that?

Of course not, it's all down to the politicians and managers.

You only obey the rules!

Now why does that protestation ring a bell?

hi leon

i am only being truthful thats what happen to the cod and is still happening

human nature being what it is suggests that it will happen to the bass

Thanks Steve,

smiling here :)

I can't find better arguments for decommissioning. Seems just we have too little of it and no reason that this should continue to be the tax payers' burden.

[/quote

hi fishingsfine

the bass fishery is to small and unimportant for decommissioning money to be wasted on this, dont worry taxpayers money is safely being wasted in iraq.and on other things

regards steve

hi leon

i am only being truthful thats what happen to the cod and is still happening

human nature being what it is suggests that it will happen to the bass

so you are quite happy, to admit that it was comercial fishermen such as yourself, that have put cod stocks in the position they are now?

hi leon

smiling here,

you are a dreamer

if the uk get a small bass quota then the bass fishery and the bmp will be finished

i and others like me will be forced to do the same as the cod fishermen did when cod quota came in which very much helped to bring about the poor cod fishing that we all share now

one trawls up as much bass as possible and leaves it in boxes on deck at the end of the day one picks out the largest and most valuable fish and dump the rest dead overboard it happen big time with cod quotas and the same will happen with the bass quotas

if you think that anglers will be better off if uk commercials get stuck with a small bass quota then think again

regards steve

Steve - a clear response which addresses reality, similar was seen the other night with the prawn trawler guy and his bycatch of cod --- but surely you wouldn't recommend a total free for all, so what alternative solution would you propose.

hi steve

if the uk get a small bass quota, human nature being what it is what has happen to the cod will happen to the bass

eg £5 a kilo for small bass =£5,000 per ton of quota, £10 a kilo for large bass = £10,000 per ton

if a boats quota is 5 ton a year that =£25,000 for small bass or £50,000 for large bass

if the total running costs of that boat come to £23,000 what would you do

thats what happen to cod and is still happening

regards steve

So instead of throwing dead fish back into the sea, why not try to get the MLS raised so that the bass you catch is worth more than the bass the French catch? Doesn't that make more sense? It does to me.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

so you are quite happy, to admit that it was comercial fishermen such as yourself, that have put cod stocks in the position they are now?

hi captain cojones

there is no need to admit it, it is commen knownledge,management cannot see that quotas do not work they are counter productive allways has been, allways will be

regards steve

Steve - a clear response which addresses reality, similar was seen the other night with the prawn trawler guy and his bycatch of cod --- "but surely you wouldn't recommend a total free for all, so what alternative solution would you propose."

hi seaside

"but surely you wouldn't recommend a total free for all, so what alternative solution would you propose."

if the bmp was done at eu level then it would be a good thing but it was not so it just affects uk fishermen

the bmp would be better if it affected all eu states rather than have the bass elected to the pressure stock list and quotas appleided

regards steve

So instead of throwing dead fish back into the sea, why not try to get the MLS raised so that the bass you catch is worth more than the bass the French catch? Doesn't that make more sense? It does to me.

hi steve

we will only be throwing back dead bass if the eu bring in a tac on bass for all member states,

most of the bass caught in the uk get exported to french, transport costs across the channel mean we get alot less for our bass than the french

regards steve

Better have a word with Mike Pawson and CEFAS then Steve.

http://ukbass.com/2005/12/bass-mls-scientific-view_09.html

er, If as you say you can't find bass with 12 miles why are the French trawling right up to the 6 mile limit?

Always some smart arsh answer.

I would rather have a 45cm limit than have bass as a pressure stock. As I have said in the pass the EU would never move from bass being a non pressure stock to having the kind of protection Leon and his foolish freinds would want. The French have been hammering the spawning stock to build up their track record. Not to worry says Leon ,these fish would never come to our shores anyway!!

Better to harm the inshore English small time fishermen. Easier to take on than a government who care about their fishermen.

Anglers say goodbye to your bass. Remember they will now be managed by the same people who manage your cod stocks.