Scrambler XT Kayak.......rigged

Yakity - Yak - u.k.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest I havnt been out on the beach for about 3 months now.

Once upon a time I wouldnt miss the weekends , rain , wind , frost , didnt matter Id be there.

But having taken up lure and light fishing + the Kayaks I cant be ar88ed with it now.

Been spoilt I guess :D

Having said that , no doubt we will give it a go soon.

This time of the year is normaly slack anyway.

Id rather be here anoying you :D

By the way that offer still stands for May if your up for it , stay over for a couple of days.

Get the coach down , got a spare Yak and all the tackle here already :)

Yakity - et al- the OK Kayaks are nicely designed but it would seem as though they are turned out as fast as the plastic can dry. Did you read my post about the rod holder fastners on the Prowler 13?

The fastners on the forward end are bonded into the moulding - the captive threads are, so bolts, machine screws go home as they should.

The rod holders on the stern are held in by fastners with captive threads (nuts or threaded tube, can't tell which)that are simply Sikaflexed into place.

I went to put covers over the rod holders and the fastners won't go back home - the threads have pushed out the bottom. NOT GOOD.

Yakity, sorry to hear about your hatch troubles. I have read the posts, but everyone else is a bit quickewr with their replies than me - besides it was the BASS AGM yesterday, so late by the time I got home.

A thought. Could you make an inner cover for the hatch rim? I wondered about a cover made from similar stuff to dry bags - poly-whatsit covered canvas, or neoprene. But instead of being elasticated use a draw string to pull it up tight. If you used one of the spring loaded draw string togles you could draw it up tight and it would stay put - with the draw string cockpit side it would be away from the force of water over the bow. Then strap your plastic lid ontop of that as a wave deflector rather than as the main watertight cover. - Just thought of this as a salvaging your work idea. !??!! Just for whT IT IS WORTH oh damn, I pushed a wrong button there!

You will have to have a look to see how it would fit on your moulded rim.

Cheers,

Simon.

PS I've decided to fit a large self tapper to replace the "lost" machine scew. It is only the one, so will be sound as a pound with the other two holding the rod holder to the hull.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your idea with a view to fixing the Hatch problem, its a good idea

Will wait now to hear from Simon at Bournemouth.

I wouldnt like to try and botch somthing like the hatch covers.

These need to be A1 and working properly.

As I said before , if I do try to get over the problem by adapting and ammending , if I loose the yak through a flooding due to the failier of my efforts,Id be a very sick bunny indeed.

Re your rod holders , do you mean the flushmounts??

YY. :)