Mobile Phones

Ferg

Guest Ferret1959

On my old Nokia phone I had the 'Fox' bite alarm ring tone.

Brilliant at 3 in the morning, some good runs and that's not the fish. :D :D :D

I was not a very popular fishing buddy. :)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a sad fact but many teenagers simply cannot turn their phones off, or even turn them to silent mode. Not only is it absolutely vital that they are able to receive calls from their friends but it is equally vital that everyone else knows about it, lest they should seem unpopular :)

Get with it you lot..it's 2006 and the mobile is a normal part of everyday life. Mine is never off and it does ring quite loud on the odd occasion that someone calls me. That is so I can hear it when it is tucked away in my tackle box or anywhere else I may leave it.

I made a couple of calls myself from the lakeside today..

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Guest Jan V
Next to the manic whail of someone elses bite alarm they are an intrusion that I could do without!

Phone boxes, toilets, prostitutes and policemen all have one thing in common, never find one when you want one. So your well prepared angler can atleast carry a mobile phone, a bucket and a blow-up, or a sheep, bugger about the copper though!

Peter, you are most definitely twisted but I luv's yah anyway! :headhurt:

Get with it you lot..it's 2006 and the mobile is a normal part of everyday life. Mine is never off and it does ring quite loud on the odd occasion that someone calls me. That is so I can hear it when it is tucked away in my tackle box or anywhere else I may leave it.

I made a couple of calls myself from the lakeside today..

Den

One of the many reasons I go fishing is to 'escape' such stuff.

The mobile is in my pocket - switched off - in case of emergencies, car probs or whatever.

I switch it on when I pack up and go. So if wife or kids want me to pick up a pint of milk on the way home that's OK.

While I'm on the bank, the world can s#dding well wait <_<

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

Guest Brumagem Phil

Always take mine fighing but its not a business phone so I dont get many calls. I can understand how someones incessant yapping into one whilst you are trying to relax could be a nuisance though.

My pet hate is bite alarms..........WTF do people need bite alarms for a 3 hour sesh on a commercial carp pool when they are stood or sat next to their rods. Now THAT fooooks me off :2::angry:

One of the many reasons I go fishing is to 'escape' such stuff.

The mobile is in my pocket - switched off - in case of emergencies, car probs or whatever.

I switch it on when I pack up and go. So if wife or kids want me to pick up a pint of milk on the way home that's OK.

While I'm on the bank, the world can s#dding well wait <_<

Exactly my point, have it with you for emergencies only. Fishing is about relaxing. How can you do that if every man and his dog still has you at their beck and call.

I always carry mine with me, just in case either I need to get in touch with home, or they need to get in touch with me.

They can be a pain, the way that some folks use them all the time, with the constant calls they receive and the annoying and way too loud ring tone, and the shouting they seem to do.

And why is it, when they receive a call they can't sit or stand still, do you have to walk about to make them keep up good reception? or are they a bit like the old style watches that wound them selves up with the movement of your hand,and this charges the batteries?

"The early bird catch's the worm.............................................................................but the second mouse gets the cheese"

"Amatuers built the ark...........................................................................................................proffessionals built the titanic"

"All mushrooms are edible..........................................................................................................................some only once"

Nothing wrong with mobile phones as such, rather the attitude of some of the users. Which of course applies to most things in life that we could discuss.

I have a mobile phone just for fishing, the number is only known to my wife so I don't get calls anyway unless they are from here and in an emergency. But the fact that I do fish mostly in the hours of darkness and usually the only angler on the bank, it's a comfort knowing that I have a phone at hand should I need one.

Check out my weekly Angling Journal at.....Stewart Bloor's Angling Journal

Peter, you are most definitely twisted but I luv's yah anyway! :headhurt:

Ooooooooooooooh, I've gone all gooey!

Do you have sheep in the US? Never see 'em on the films. Some folk find them quite useful as a standby. Less expensive than the real thing, just feed 'em grass and flog them to a butcher when they are past it.

Edited by Peter Waller