PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

sam-cox

Hi sam

like you i see nothing good in this result for anglers at all and anybody who says there is! are only kidding themselves, some people have skin as thick as a rhino's backside and are prepared to work for small returns over a very long period, thats ok if your happy with things as they are and are likely to stay the same in your lifetime, i dont know about you sam? but i am not, i feel the whole rsa campaign needs a bloody good shake up and very drastic measures need putting forward rather than pussy footing about and playing politics with those that make and change the rules to suit, i am talking boycots and such, like that has been mentioned on here in the past and more recently, this is the only way you might get an immediate result to your liking in the short time? rather than these long term gradual miniscule ones that dont do jack for me or you before they screw the lid down.............

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest challenge
Taking the thread off at a tangent, but you grow grass to make hay out of.

I see. Trying to get the thread back on line then, you mean like catching herrings to make kippers?

.....If RSA campaigning was an industry, we'd be seeing sackings and resignation by now......

So what precisely were the written objectives. I suspect they were somwhat looser than "....achieving a MSL of 45cm for bass by 10/8/2006.."

I'm a disappointed as you after the result but infering people should resign after a lot of hard work isn't right particularly as they have probably achieved objective. Best to re-group and make sure that what we are trying to achieve moving forward is implicit in detail and success or failure can be in no doubt.

So sorry Tom and Leon, but you can't blame people for directing their frustration at you. You two are Mr RSA rep.

Sorry Steve that is wrong and very short sighted, I have sat in that type of seat far to many times and know that however good your argument is, there are times when those making the decisions will not for what ever reason make the one you think they should.

In this case it was one which I presume BB and the rest of them thought would placify all parties involved.

They have miss fired badly and no one is pleased with the outcome.

But bottom line is don't throw stones at those who were and still are trying to put a very complexed argument over to people who appear to have their own agendas which are far removed from conservation.

I for one would like to thank both Tom and Leon a) for taking on an up hill strugle and B) having the strength of mind to carry on when evryone is blaming them.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Sorry Steve that is wrong and very short sighted, I have sat in that type of seat far to many times and know that however good your argument is, there are times when those making the decisions will not for what ever reason make the one you think they should.

In this case it was one which I presume BB and the rest of them thought would placify all parties involved.

But bottom line is don't throw stones at those who were and still are trying to put a very complexed argument over to people who appear to have their own agendas which are far removed from conservation.

I for one would like to thank both Tom and Leon a) for taking on an up hill strugle and B) having the strength of mind to carry on when evryone is blaming them.

Ken, and others.

I don't think anyone is blaming anyone else for what has happened. My main gripe is that RSA should be letting Bradshaw know, in no uncertain terms, that we are far from happy with the result and that he can forget a bag limits and licences if that's the best he can do for us.

The silence from RSA up until now has been deafening. What's done is done but, as has been said so many times, there are still battles ahead for RSA and we need to learn from what has happened. Bradshaws decision was purely political. He ignored all the evidence and science and did what he considered to be the very minimum required to appease sea anglers in preparation for introducing bag limits and licences. If the RSA organisations reaction is anything to go by, he must feel that he's done enough. I don't think he has, and I think we should be letting him know. I also think that as his decision was political, we should be fighting politics with politics. Threaten him with the angling vote, embarrass him, show him up for the know nothing incompetent minister that he is.

Anyone who thought that Bradsghaw was an honourable man and would do what he promised, must surely have had their eyes opened by this sorry episode. All I want is for the RSA organisations to rip into him on my behalf, and on behalf of all the other anglers they are supposed to represent. Unless they are prepared to do that, then I stand by everything I've written over the last two days.

I for one don't want to be sold down the river when it comes to licences. Not because I object to a licence, but because I expect a lot more than what we've got in return. Achieving a 40cm MLS for bass is not good enough, and anyone who says different hasn't set their sights high enough.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

If we could get that 1300 odd to all send an email direct to his web site he will be in for a shock when he returns from his hols. :D

He's got mine!!

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Guest muttley
So what precisely were the written objectives. I suspect they were somwhat looser than "....achieving a MSL of 45cm for bass by 10/8/2006.."

I'm a disappointed as you after the result but infering people should resign after a lot of hard work isn't right particularly as they have probably achieved objective. Best to re-group and make sure that what we are trying to achieve moving forward is implicit in detail and success or failure can be in no doubt.

I dont think steve was implying anything....just stating fact!!

I'm with you there Ken.

Its strange, we get the same old names, taking the same old line, and when it dont go as the few vociferous ones want, they start throwing things!!! Fact is fact, agreed, it is a wrong'un but what you gona do, throw your toys out of the pram? :2:

Licenses, bag limits, Yeh, just like the £22 radio licence requirement for boats, its not policed :whistling: Last time i saw any action on that one was over ten years ago. Some little chinless wonder went round the marina sticking reminder notices on the boat that were not displaying one.

Whats done has been done, I doubt there is any appeal prosedure, Mr BB moves on, 4 years without the bass lot on his back :bye1: Bass anglers need to get a life? they aint the only fish in the sea, Smoothounds are still about, they are great fun, no boat? get a group together and book a boat, I know a couple of charter boats her on the Suffolk/Essex coat who will take a 'bass/smoothound' booking. Chill for a while, then re group and put a proper 'zip-wizz' plan of action to gether, plenty of time to plan for 2010!!

Personaly, nothing has changed, I'm not disapointed because I did not think much would change, poloticians :yucky:

I will get my lightest gear, and enjoy the bass that are there, 1lb or 2lb fish, like trout fishing realy, beat the water all day for a couple of brace of 2 pounders. In the mean time, by 2010, all the bass will be gon cos they aint spawning? result; 'told you so' or your well honed plan to get 45cm MLS can be presented? By the way, better tell Muttley he must not catch any more big bass off the banks cos they are not there, lol

Extracting the water? no not realy. You will certainly have a go at me, thats fair enough, but it wont put any fish on your hook, I'v heard it all before, you may catch up with me a little on the 'grey hair' steaks, but certainly wont change the bass fishing.

Certain individuals have sugested they dont like my ' reasons why not' way of thinking? The above are reasons to 'go for it', make the best of of what is there, get the 13 tones of the venerable KT moving to catch fish and enjoy! The exquisit feeling throught the light tackle as a small 2lb bass hits my bait as it trotts lightly over the estuary bottom, punching well above its weight, like a silver 'enery Cooper' :thumbs: those first few seconds are electric. The fight contiues, as the light line cuts though the water, the delicatly set clutch gives line, finaly after a few more powerfull dives, a small bass is boated, admired and released!

You know, bass fishing on the drift is very like trout fishing, use very light tackle, 0.5oz lead, and you are on the move all the time, feeling the bottom, then pluck, pluck !!!!bang!!!, a 6lb class rod bends!!! 6 or 8lb line feels so light, 2-3/0 fine wire hook and a rag worm that looks like it will fight back. The likeness, allways on the move, expectant, light tackle, standard 2-3lb fish, with the od bigger one, sometimes??

Smoothounds, they are great to, try them on the same light gear, electric?, you'll think you have pluged into the national grid!! :lol:

As I say, have a go at me if it makes you feel better, but I'm going to enjoy whats there, while its there, :fishing1:

:wheelchair: Cliff, :ph34r:

I'm with you there Ken.

Its strange, we get the same old names, taking the same old line, and when it dont go as the few vociferous ones want, they start throwing things!!! Fact is fact, agreed, it is a wrong'un but what you gona do, throw your toys out of the pram? :2:

Licenses, bag limits, Yeh, just like the £22 radio licence requirement for boats, its not policed :whistling: Last time i saw any action on that one was over ten years ago. Some little chinless wonder went round the marina sticking reminder notices on the boat that were not displaying one.

Whats done has been done, I doubt there is any appeal prosedure, Mr BB moves on, 4 years without the bass lot on his back :bye1: Bass anglers need to get a life? they aint the only fish in the sea, Smoothounds are still about, they are great fun, no boat? get a group together and book a boat, I know a couple of charter boats her on the Suffolk/Essex coat who will take a 'bass/smoothound' booking. Chill for a while, then re group and put a proper 'zip-wizz' plan of action to gether, plenty of time to plan for 2010!!

Personaly, nothing has changed, I'm not disapointed because I did not think much would change, poloticians :yucky:

I will get my lightest gear, and enjoy the bass that are there, 1lb or 2lb fish, like trout fishing realy, beat the water all day for a couple of brace of 2 pounders. In the mean time, by 2010, all the bass will be gon cos they aint spawning? result; 'told you so' or your well honed plan to get 45cm MLS can be presented? By the way, better tell Muttley he must not catch any more big bass off the banks cos they are not there, lol

Extracting the water? no not realy. You will certainly have a go at me, thats fair enough, but it wont put any fish on your hook, I'v heard it all before, you may catch up with me a little on the 'grey hair' steaks, but certainly wont change the bass fishing.

Certain individuals have sugested they dont like my ' reasons why not' way of thinking? The above are reasons to 'go for it', make the best of of what is there, get the 13 tones of the venerable KT moving to catch fish and enjoy! The exquisit feeling throught the light tackle as a small 2lb bass hits my bait as it trotts lightly over the estuary bottom, punching well above its weight, like a silver 'enery Cooper' :thumbs: those first few seconds are electric. The fight contiues, as the light line cuts though the water, the delicatly set clutch gives line, finaly after a few more powerfull dives, a small bass is boated, admired and released!

You know, bass fishing on the drift is very like trout fishing, use very light tackle, 0.5oz lead, and you are on the move all the time, feeling the bottom, then pluck, pluck !!!!bang!!!, a 6lb class rod bends!!! 6 or 8lb line feels so light, 2-3/0 fine wire hook and a rag worm that looks like it will fight back. The likeness, allways on the move, expectant, light tackle, standard 2-3lb fish, with the od bigger one, sometimes??

Smoothounds, they are great to, try them on the same light gear, electric?, you'll think you have pluged into the national grid!! :lol:

As I say, have a go at me if it makes you feel better, but I'm going to enjoy whats there, while its there, :fishing1:

:wheelchair: Cliff, :ph34r:

Hi cliff

If you was a tackle dealer or someone who was making some sort of financial gain out of your fishing then yeh i would have a good go at you, but your not so fair doo's, keep smiling :)

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Ian Burrett Today, 10:36 AM Post #9

Group: Members

Member No.: 4,955

QUOTE(sam-cox @ Aug 11 2006, 08:04 AM)

What scares me is people saying on these forums that there is anything good about the 4ocm decision.

I have been told to be carefull on hear as so called important people read these pages.

If the politicains read that anglers are happy with 40cm then they may think well those anglers were easerly pleased lets slap a lisence on them.

If we do get a lisence slapped on us I for one will be very un-grateful to those like Leon and Tom who helped it be inforced on me.

fxxxing unbelievable. Are you also having ago at your dad who has done much for angling.

I can understand you are dissapointed but perhaps you could have done more than shout your mouth off on forums.

With your comments I wouldn't blame Tom or Leon if they walked away from the whole thing.

Without Leon SOS would never have existed and we certainly wouldn't be looking at a tope consultation.

Ian,

My Dad was gaged from saying his bit ages ago,

My point is that if people claim that 40cm is any kind of victory, then Bradshaw may think that he has givern us something, then comes the lisence.

40cm is not better that 36cm, hes givern us nothing.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!