Venues in South East London/ North Kent

biw

Hi i'm new, I've been lurking on the forum for a while now, it seems a friendly place.

I haven't been fishing since I moved to SE London about 9 years ago!

Primarily because I don't know of anywhere to go.

I live in Greenwich, I know, the Thames is right there but are there any fish in it?

If anyone knows any good places reasonably nearby to reignite my interest, then please reply!

Cheers.

Hi biw and welcome to AnglersNet! There is fishing as far downstream as Greenwich, but it sounds more of a winter fishery according to this link:

http://www.thamesweb.com/page.php?page_id=51&topic_id=8

I'm nowhere near the Thames these days, and our resident Thames expert (Argyll) is a bit laid up at present, but there might be others who have more local knowledge and they'll no doubt be in touch.

If you don't get many responses, the advice as usual would be to ask at your local tackle shop, which might well be:

Lee Angling Centre

286 Lee High Rd

London, SE13 5PJ

020 8297 2191

Edited by DavyR

Burgess park Lake just off the old kent road used to be pretty good, however I moved away from the area about the same time as you moved into it, so don't know current info, however it used to be day tickets on the bank

Some big carp, loads of roach/rudd. I also had a few tench and crucians from there too.

Mat

Mat

Hi i'm new, I've been lurking on the forum for a while now, it seems a friendly place.

I haven't been fishing since I moved to SE London about 9 years ago!

Primarily because I don't know of anywhere to go.

I live in Greenwich, I know, the Thames is right there but are there any fish in it?

If anyone knows any good places reasonably nearby to reignite my interest, then please reply!

Cheers.

thamsemead is just up the road from you and i have fished it there behind the morrisons supermarket, had some big eels, small bass flatty's and the odd sole....BUT i have seen bass up to three pound landed on this stretch on lugworm and rag....... As for course fishing thamesmeade its self is built on a old marsh and is build on a system of canels and lakes full of fish in some of the big lakes there is some record braking fish including some massive carp and specimen pike ,so i have been told :lol: and there just up the road from you.

You could try the River Cray at Bexley/Crayford area. I haven't fished there myself, but apparently its improved greatly recently.

Burgess Park used to have some cracking crucians in there.

Greenland Dock for massive perch.

Is the pope Catholic? All I fish is the Thames. Granted on the other side of London where its not so harsh but yep still fish there.

http://www.fishingnet.com/England/Kent.htm

Try here for various venues.

Good luck.

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.