30 carp off the top yesterday

super chuffed!!!! :sun: I started out yesterday on a windy & wetish day on my fav pool.....but still decided to fish the top as i saw some splashes & carp ripples,decided on the basic rig ,carp controller on the top, after an hour or so i had nothing,but saw the carp sniffing at it and off they went without my bait, so i decided that they could see my line or something......so i then decided to try a different method of surface fishing for carp with a bung float & ledger with my hook half way between the float & my rod dangling from the mainline into the water . on my first cast it was only 10 seconds & bump!!!! :lol: i allmost lost my rod hehe, ran down the bank on my arse..lol :D grabbing the end of the rod butt just intime, & pullled out the fish of my life, not big but my best at 17 pound. and allmost every cast i was catching a fish, or loosing one. finished my day off with 30 or more carp weighing from 4 pound up to 17 , most of them were between 9 & 13 pounders.... :) in the end my arms were ready to drop off hehe...who needs weight lifting :lol:.

So changing my method payed off bigtime. if ya havnt tryed that method it's worth a go, as the bait is only just touching the water & the line is above the bait , no line on water, & the fish automatically hook them selves which is a bonus if you wanna go chat to another fisherman or do something eolse like cook some food :sun: i just leave my bait runner on & listen for the reel :thumbs: awsome day!!!!

Top fishing mate, well done. :clap2:

You can't beat that feeling of having a great days fishing can you. I'm usually busting a gut to bore everyone in our non fishing house when I have a good days fishing but they just don't understand my excitement. :schmoll::headhurt:

dsci0053ad8.jpg]fish 2[/url]

And this was the 17 pounder :P Had nobody to take my picture on that one sorry...but i just brought myself a new camera with swivel lcd so i can do it myself now :lol:

I hope these pics are not against any rules ;)

Edited by flank0

nice fish m8! im quite new to carp fishing so my best atm is 12lb not bad for a 13 year old ^^ but i was doin some surface fishing day before yesterday and caught 19 carp alltho my biggest was only a 5lb mirror carp it was very fun:D and what bait was you using? i used bread on the surface just freelining:P

Tight Lines

Jay

P.S why do carp have bent mouths somtimes i caught 19 the other day and most of them had deformed mouths. som1 said it was because they have been caught so many times but i thought it was cause there breeding :P

dont be too dissapointed when you dont catch a fish after its not called catching its called fishing! :D

hi again its me i went fishing today again and i had 25 of the top and lost a ghost carp of about 10lb :( but still my best day of the surface with bread ^^ biggest fish was 6 lb common carp :P

dont be too dissapointed when you dont catch a fish after its not called catching its called fishing! :D

Flanko,

Sounds like a great session.

Can youdescribe your method in more detail or better still point me to a site which illustrates it?

I fancy giving it a go.

Comus

Flanko,

Sounds like a great session.

Can youdescribe your method in more detail or better still point me to a site which illustrates it?

I fancy giving it a go.

Comus

Search for "beachcaster method", here's one thread that has a diagram early on and details in some of the posts...

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=62494

• 2 weeks later...