It's taken a couple of years

Guest Jaybee

Flaming heck Jaybee that second shot is just about perfection!!

I love the fact that you can see all the detail on the Stickleback, plus you can see the other side of his tail in the Kingfishers mouth, wonderful sharpness & colour to the plumage.

Not quite sure how you can top that one Jaybee.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

And the one you have entered in the Comp is just awesome as well but probably shouldn't comment about that until after (c'mon, that bird must be stuffed and you planted the fish in its mouth yourself! ). I'm gathering that the first photo was taken immediately after he has eaten his lunch? I must be the most ignorant person in the world because I honestly thought that Kingfishers were native to Australia, obviously it is just the Kookaburra which is a lot bigger and I only hope to one day to be able to get a photo of one of them to compare to these. But this is not just about good photography and a good camera, this is about patience and commitment and I applaud you for that. You are my hero of the moment. This is the difference between a great photo and a great photographer, imagining what you had to go through to get this shot is FAR more impressive than any manipulation done afterwards. Plus they are a truly beautiful bird, I have always loved them. Cheers.

Edited by TubularBelle
I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

Guest Jaybee
But this is not just about good photography and a good camera, this is about patience and commitment and I applaud you for that. You are my hero of the moment. Plus they are a truly beautiful bird. Cheers.

The kingfisher is a magical bird that I suspect most photographers would like to capture with their camera.

The only snag is they are lightning fast and most of the time all you see is a flash of blue heading up river.

I'm just disapoointed the opportunity came on a dreadful day as far as weather was concerned.

As for being a hero - well thats a first for me too :):):)