Tackle Dealers who will post rods abroad?

fishfinder

In my last thread I mentioned that a thief helped him / her self to four of my rods and three reels.

I now need to repalce them, but the problem is that I'm serving in Germany and have problems with having long parcels (too long for Royal Mail).

Does anyone know a dealer who will sends rods to mainland Europe (two of the rod - Preston Carbonactives) aren't sold on the continent, so I can't find them locally).

Thanks

Have you actually got the rods yet?? Any courier will send rods to an address anywhere basically if you can pay!! Is it a BFPO address?? Because that is a bit more difficult I know this from experience as the Mil Hill lot will not take oversize parcels!! SO you will need a proper land address. Give me a shout if I can help!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Have you actually got the rods yet?? Any courier will send rods to an address anywhere basically if you can pay!! Is it a BFPO address?? Because that is a bit more difficult I know this from experience as the Mil Hill lot will not take oversize parcels!! SO you will need a proper land address. Give me a shout if I can help!!

You're quite right Chris - I have a BFPO postcode, and the longest permissable length for a parcel is 1.05 metres - so that rules out most rods!!

I haven't bought any replacement rods yet as I'm waiting to see what the insurers say. I need to find a dealer who will post abroad, but as you say, I'll probably have to use a civilian address.

http://www.bosfish.co.uk/fronthtml/Carriage.htm

Will give you a list of what BFPO numbers they can post to

Moodyboy - you're a star! My BFPO number is listed, so it looks like Bennets Of sheffield will be making sme money out of me!! I'm just a bit worried about forking out loads of cash to repalce what was taken before I hear from the insurance company.

Bennets also have a huge range to choose from, which is a bonus.

Thanks again

John