One for The Cat

Guest toplessfishing

Im not condoneing the taking of undersized fish for pet food. But I supose there could be an argument as already mentioned about the fact that thousands of sand eels and other small fish already go into pet food.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Dogue De Bordeaux likes (or did) pussy cats for dinner ;-)

On a seroius note, look at what they do to local garden wildlife. I had Blue Tits fledge in my garden only to see the whole lot eradicated by a bleedin cat. A .410 springs to mind.... :angry:

Edited by Pugs

B.A.S.S

IPB Image

IPB Image

Im not condoneing the taking of undersized fish for pet food. But I supose there could be an argument as already mentioned about the fact that thousands of sand eels and other small fish already go into pet food.

Surely though wouldnt all the fish for pet food come from commercial vessels who sell there fish to the pet food industry and wouldnt that be down to strict size and limit regulations that they are allowed to keep , i dont agree to that anyway , its down to some plonkers in my eyes who keep under size fish for pets and any fish in fact ,i think its a waste of our fish ,especially when you could just buy kittykat and give the fish a chance , i know its only a majority and it probably has no effect on fish stocks , but theres no excuse..

Guest muttley

I think you should bring your cat round to see my cat........so mine could eat yours..lol.

reminds me of a time when my cat 'done' my mates jack russel...eh sam!!!

Sure that he is a tiger in disguise.

I have been posting here for a few days now, and feel I have grasped the general ambience of the place.

Well if he hadn't he sure does now.

Actually I'm disappointed with this response as with a little more bile, downright nastiness and ignorance he might not only never come back on here again but give up the sport as well. his cat might need a bit of therapy too. You all should really try harder or people might feel welcome on here and that would never do would it.

Guest challenge

I had been told that the training procedure with cats was difficult, it’s not. Mine had me trained in two days.

I must warn you not to meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are sublime and will **** on your computer.

They say that cats are rather delicate creatures and that they are subject to a good many ailments, but I have never heard of one that suffered from insomnia.

There are no size limits on pout,

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

I had been told that the training procedure with cats was difficult, it’s not. Mine had me trained in two days.

I must warn you not to meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are sublime and will **** on your computer.

They say that cats are rather delicate creatures and that they are subject to a good many ailments, but I have never heard of one that suffered from insomnia.

Now there you are quoting one of my favourites - J W Krutch

He also said the following which I feel is really relevant to many of the things that we discuss on this forum, perhaps particularly so to the topic Ian Burrett started this morning regarding finning.

"Civilized man has been more ruthlessly wasteful and grasping in his attitude toward the natural world than has served even his most material best interests. Possibly - as some hope - a mere enlightened selfishness will save it in time. Even if we should learn just in the nick of time not to destroy what is necessary for our own preservation, the mere determination to survive is not sufficient to save very much of the variety and beauty of the natural world."

Guest challenge
Now there you are quoting one of my favourites - J W Krutch

He also said the following which I feel is really relevant to many of the things that we discuss on this forum, perhaps particularly so to the topic Ian Burrett started this morning regarding finning.

"Civilized man has been more ruthlessly wasteful and grasping in his attitude toward the natural world than has served even his most material best interests. Possibly - as some hope - a mere enlightened selfishness will save it in time. Even if we should learn just in the nick of time not to destroy what is necessary for our own preservation, the mere determination to survive is not sufficient to save very much of the variety and beauty of the natural world."

And what’s that got to do with cats? Civilised man that is? Or are you trying to gate crash an entertaining thread on the pros and cons of cats with your whiter than white philosophy of how the world should be seaside?

Here’s another quote for you seaside. Quite appropriate I would of thought.

Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humour to console him for what he is.

Francis bacon.