Only eight and a bit weeks left

Rusty

I didn't know there was one, ( at least on the put and takes). :hypocrite:

There ain't! Not for stockies in stillwaters anyway. And I am looking forward to a bit of Farmoor rainbow trouting once things warm up and the buzzers start to swarm, but what I am really looking forward to is being able to fly fish for little wild brownies in one of my club waters :)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just out of interest I have a friend who fishes Walthamstow for the Trout and he has had a lot of Trout on the buzzers in recent weeks, in fact he dropped off 5 nice Trout for us ranging from 3lb to 5lbs the other day !!

As for the Chub, there are a few around in my neck of the woods :hypocrite:

Bob

I think the buzzer hatches continue throughout the year, but the massive hatches at Farmoor in the spring look like something out of Lake Tanganyika!

Also, Farmoor is bloody bleak in this weather!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm struggling a bit here. I have the last week of the season off work and could cobble together a plan on my club waters but there's a risk of me being complacent about it and not making the best use of the time. I'd like to include an adventure on a different river during the week, somewhere suitable for trotting a float, travelling a bit and staying away wouldn't be a problem but preferably a venue where I could buy day tickets in advance to save hassle. The Royalty springs to mind but I don't know about advance day ticket buying, I'd need to find out. I've been to the the Lower Itchen Fishery so whilst that would be on the list I'd prefer somewhere new.

There must be other rivers I could fish on a day ticket so I'd be really appreciative of any suggestions from AN'ers.

Thank you.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

River Tweed and Teviot right oooop north doing some big Grayling not sure if the Volvo could get that far without having a leak or somesuch http://www.theanglersforum.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?188910-Grayling&p=2253598#post2253598

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream: