kayak tarpon 140

s2vto

travelling up after work sometime after 4pm friday . camping fri/sat .

Would like to come but only got a 10ft sit on kayak and not been fishing on it yet.

I think I would be in the way and spoil your fishing.

my kayak would not be safe out far like yours.

Pity it was not closer so i could come up for a few hours

OK Prowler 13 Angler - Yellow

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Pike, Pollack, Pouting, Whiting

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Scupper suits you you will have done well to buy it as your first. For most owners it is the second or third yak they end up buying.

As I said earlier it is a compromise like all yaks.

Its stregnths are its sea keeping abilities and yes that includes its speed. The negative to that.........well there isnt one.

It goes where you point it (Simon, note I said nothing about tracking).

The negative to that is that it isnt the most manouverable yak (purely due to its length). This can be a problem in narrow marshes and river inlets.

Its low profile and seating position gives good windage and outstanding stability for a Yak this narrow. (Thats where the speed comes from)

The negative is that it isnt good for the larger paddler. It will take the weight no problems it is more a question of errr volume.

It is nearly 15ft long. again because of the amount of keel in contact with the water and its narrow width this characteristic gives it its sea keeping ability.

Negative is that the crate area is narrower that the prowlers but still big enough for all but the most accomplished Tackle tart.

It has the biggest front hatch that I have seen on a SOT. (I may be wrong). Will take most trolleys, tents, spare clothes etc

Negative none really.

For its size it is pretty light at 55lb but its length means that for some storage can be a problem.

But the best part about a Scupper that can sound very cheesy but all owners will tell you is true is that it fits the old Spitfire analogy.

When you sit in one you feel like you are wearing it. Sad but true.

Think Im in love :love:

no seriously there is my honest assessment of the Scupper. If you fit buy one you will not be dissapointed. With the money you save you can get a decent paddle aswell.

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

s2vto; I suspect that there will be loads of folk happy to swop a ride on their Kayaks for a ride on a 10 footer and without wishing to be rude I would suggest that you just get up there if you can and enjoy.

If you can make it I am very confident that you will have a whale of a time and not regret a moment.

Moonyaker

KAYAKS:

* OK Prowler 13 (Sunrise)

* OK Scupper Pro TW (Mango Flame)

The scupper pro TW is £434 delivered which is less than i budgeted for as the tarpon was £575, not delivered.

Seems like good value for money, just need to try one first.

It seems to suit my needs as if i want to fish close in i can use my 10ft for easy manouverability and the scupper pro for when i have confidence to venture out further.

where is the best place to buy the scupper if i decided to? is it safe to have delivered or should i collect?

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

s2vto; I suspect that there will be loads of folk happy to swop a ride on their Kayaks for a ride on a 10 footer and without wishing to be rude I would suggest that you just get up there if you can and enjoy.

If you can make it I am very confident that you will have a whale of a time and not regret a moment.

Moonyaker

really?

Sounds like a good weekend to be had!

just as a newbie i have no idea exactly what i need etc

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

really?

Sounds like a good weekend to be had!

just as a newbie i have no idea exactly what i need etc

I am hoping to go to Tywyn or if you are going down the Boat show give me a shout and you can have a look at the Scupper set up.#

Turn up at Tywyn we dont bite and it wasnt so long ago we were in the same boat so to speak. Bring the 10ft er as well if you want I am looking for a shorter inlet type yak might give it the once over.

If you are planning on paddling with us you will need a PFD and suitable clothing. Dont worry about VHF Flares etc. at this stage we can paddle using a buddy system and put you with some one who has all the safety gear.

Oh got my scupper from here http://www.bournemouthcanoes.co.uk/ Ask for Simon. I would go for the Angler version. The small centre hatch is next to useless (Ive sealed mine up) but the flat console on the Angler version is a godsend for mounting bits and pieces. You also get the rod holders aswell.

Edited by darnsarf

I am hoping to go to Tywyn or if you are going down the Boat show give me a shout and you can have a look at the Scupper set up.#

Turn up at Tywyn we dont bite and it wasnt so long ago we were in the same boat so to speak. Bring the 10ft er as well if you want I am looking for a shorter inlet type yak might give it the once over.

If you are planning on paddling with us you will need a PFD and suitable clothing. Dont worry about VHF Flares etc. at this stage we can paddle using a buddy system and put you with some one who has all the safety gear.

I have a pfd, dry cag top, chest waders, floatation 2 piece suit.

do i need wetsuit or anything else?????

Possibly going to boat show depending on work.

can brink kayak, no problem and sleep in my van!

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

S2vto - if you are interested in the Scupper Pro why not browse this site: Top Kayaker - its a site centered around sit on tops.. you may notice that many Scupper Pro owners are very fond of their kayaks .. theres even a member on there called 'Scupper Pro Frank'! A search for ' Scupper Pro' in their forum will give links to lots of info.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Only thing obviously missing is dry bottoms.

A wetsuit is OK but Dry Cag Bottoms will be better IMHO.