Can't get um anywhere

Marginmaster

At certain times, the outside bend at Dunham "Dubs" is so full of them it's like walking on gravel. Be warned though, they are big ones - as tough as conkers.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

have you thought about using winkles yes they are from the sea but still snails and if you talk to a friendly

fisherman (if you can find one ) :) you might just get a load cheap :P

Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place.

The difference between light and hard is that you can sleep with a light on.

I am using frozen ready mades that contain crushed freshwater snails as part of the mix (for Chub on the rivers), The company making them is based in Herne Bay, I will see if I can dig out their name and address.

Tony

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

there was a boy that caught a 20lb+ common carp on a black slug might be worth tryin that maybe? it looks a bit like a snail :P

dont be too dissapointed when you dont catch a fish after its not called catching its called fishing! :D

Marginmaster I got the bait from:

The Tackle Tart & T.T Baits

Mr. Simon Rigden

Unit 4 Wealden Forrest Park

Hern Common

Hern Bay

CT6 7LQ.

Tel: 01227 711177 Fax: 01227 711177

Email: info@thetackletart.com

website http://www.thetackletart.com

Looking at their website I can't see the snail mix, but they may be able to point you in the right direction.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

• 3 weeks later...

I have quite a large natural pond in my garden and the fish normally are waiting for me when I get in from work to feed them, but the last couple of weeks they did not seem interested, on checking the water and pond out! guess what ? massive hatch of snails.

So iam sure what you guys have been saying is spot on.

Must admit that I didn't take much notice in the passed.

just one more cast then I'am off home

The pond is approx 27 feet x 14 feet, I reckon there must be several hundred, they look a little like sea water winkles, very simular shape shell.

just one more cast then I'am off home