Motivation

BobH

I think its quite normal Bob and nothing to worry about! I treat it the same as others have said and just take my fishing a bit more "casual". A return to "pleasure fishing" with the old seat box and one rod does wonders! a few weeks doing this without are the hastle of multiple rods, inactivity and long sessions soon "re vitalises" me and I'm then back to "normal" I can certainly see the day coming when I give up "specimen hunting" for good but as I started "pleasure fishing" and will no doubt finish doing the same it strikes me as about right!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I think its quite normal Bob and nothing to worry about! I treat it the same as others have said and just take my fishing a bit more "casual". A return to "pleasure fishing" with the old seat box and one rod does wonders! a few weeks doing this without are the hastle of multiple rods, inactivity and long sessions soon "re vitalises" me and I'm then back to "normal" I can certainly see the day coming when I give up "specimen hunting" for good but as I started "pleasure fishing" and will no doubt finish doing the same it strikes me as about right!

True enough Dick, but I do plenty of Pleasure fishing these days, in fact for the first time in the best part of 60 years I did not go Night fishing last year ( I missed it ), for pleasure fishing I like to take my Cane rod and go to the Upper Lea, one rod, one reel and a bucket full of Bacon Grill !!

I like my Perch Fishing so I will have a trip out soon after a Perch or two on my new Drop Shot gear, always take a trotting rod, just in case I need a bait or two and then there are Pike and Zander !!

Even these trips I find hard going as my health has really taken a dive in the last 4 years ?

Never mind, this thread has inspired me to get my arse into gear and go fishing :hypocrite:

Bob

• Like 1

I had a ten year period of bad health Bob that nearly saw me packing it all in but Ive been lucky and seem to be on the mend. Hope things improve for you as well. Angling is many things but above all has to be enjoyable, I hope you long continue to find it so. Best of luck.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I am at long last a fair weather fisherman, its not the cold and damp nore lack of enthusiasm for a bite ,my bailiffing continues so i can get second hand angling but in the 6 months of not so nice weather i go dirt fishing or metal detecting to the rest of you ,i merely substitute a sinking float for a beep from my machine and like angling you never know whats there until you "land" it

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Thanks for your kind words, I have been a few times to the Heart Break Relief Channel at Fishers Green, where Chub run to Huge sizes, but don't give themselves up easily.

There are plenty of Pot Chasers bivvied up for days/nights at a time, I suppose they are after a record, but some how, Chub Fishing in a Bivvy just does not sit well with me ?

After a Blood transfusion during my triple bypass operation, I have become super allergic to a whole host of thing, including Antibiotics and as you can imagine this has made life difficult.

Right roll on the weekend and another go for those Chub !!

Bob

Edited by BobH

I've been very unmotivated lately, which is very unusual for me at this time of year. I always wait all year for 'chub season' and fish as hard as I can. The awkward conditions have been an issue but even so that urge has been missing. I'm not sure why, it happens every now and again, it always comes back if I leave it long enough.

Yesterday I finally had a sudden urge to get out there, got to the river just before dark, and fished til about 7.30. It was really nice to be back. The big difference was that I didn't care whether caught anything so there was none of that self imposed pressure that can build up sometimes. I had 3 chub in the dark, two small ones and one proper one of about five and a half pounds. The cheesepaste that's been sitting at the bottom of my bag for the last few weeks has really matured now, it's really fantastically horrendous :)

I have not yet lost a fishing friend so can only imagine what that must be like. I'm sure it's only normal for the fishing urge to ebb and flow after something like that.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Managed my first session of the year today, on the Thames near Lechlade. I have had the odd trout from there in the past, but today I got trouted out - two chub and five spotty hooligans, fishing flake and liquidised bread in a cage feeder. One chub was small, about a pound, the other not quite a five at 4lb14oz. Still, pleasing.

Well done Steve, they look in decent winter condition too. I had another from the small river yesterday after dark of just over 4lb, I had to fish 10 swims to get it though!

• Like 1

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music