pictures of peoples tackle and tackle boxes + setup

s2vto

Just to give me a guide of what i can do

I think I am going ott with tackle and bits

thanks

OK Prowler 13 Angler - Yellow

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Pike, Pollack, Pouting, Whiting

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

I try and keep it as simple as possible, I have a masterline over the shoulder tackle bag which has a detachable waterproof section that I keep my basic tackle box in, the strap is fed through the buckled strap at the rear of the seat on my p15

TorbayFishingFestivalSept2006018.jpg

Edited by yakerbass
anglersnetsig.jpg

I was in a rush last night. Further details.

The little standard tackle box between my knees contains hooks and swivels.

Sitting in the seat is my PFD (with camera, mobile, swiss army knife and whistle). Underneath is an unhooking mat (from Argos, less than a tenner) which i use for piking (to avoid damaging the fish on the bottom of the yak) and also as further padding under the seat to protect my lily-white ass. It also soaks up a lot of excess water to keep you feeling less like you're sitting in a puddle.

Behind the seat is 30m of orange line on a small cable reel, with a karabiner at one end and chain and anchor at the other (attached at bottom and tied at the top with 12lb mono to break off if need be).

The two rods have thin bungee cord around the reel seat to prevent loss. Same for the paddle. The scupper stoppers are tied in pairs with the same cord. One is a multiplier, one a fixed spool. That's because one of my multipliers has gone awol. Both are around ten feet long.

In the tankwell are the two side pockets off my old Berghaus rucsack - removable. One carries 2 litres of water and some food (if taken) the other various items including a selection of lures, line, weights, carrier bags and bait. Oh, and a spare anchor and anchor line.

The net at the back is just a plain drop net which I was intending to catch a few prawns with for bait as I only had a box of squid the other day.

The rod on top of the tankwell is fitted with a free-running 'Scarborough' reel, used for bottom fishing of maybe jigging. It's on a thin 8ft spinning rod.

Note the repositioning of the carrying toggle at the rear - where it was originally placed made it very uncomfortable to carry if someone takes the back, rubbing on your legs etc.

I think forward facing rod holders would be a good purchase for me - the two included are graat for trolling, but rubbish for sitting with rods out on the bottom as you are naturally faacing the wrong way if seated.

I will be getting a crate (with lid) for the tankwell soon as it is tidier and keep things drier - if you don't keep stuff tidy, you are more likely to lose it.

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

I try and keep it as simple as possible, I have a masterline over the shoulder tackle bag which has a detachable waterproof section that I keep my basic tackle box in, the strap is fed through the buckled strap at the rear of the seat on my p15

TorbayFishingFestivalSept2006018.jpg

nice set up i have my front ones mounted the same . i like the matching green container in the back . i managed to get a couple of slightly larger boxes than the one suplied with the prowler ,the seal type from decathlon in france . i believe you have them in the uk (decathlon i mean ) :)

oh and yakerbass is that one of those livebait containers the plano ones ,if so where did you get it . cannot seem to source one locally

:)

Edited by jerseytrev

jerseytrev

LOCATION JERSEY C.I.

kayak ok prowler angler 13 (yellow) NZ

How do get your anchor astern without an anchor trolley?

Now therein lies the question!

It hadn't occurred to me - first time etc. So, I attached it to the carrying handle by my knee and that was fine - very smooth sea - I was maybe 3/4 on at best. It wasn't, however, ideal and wouldn't be good in any swell. So, when I beached, I unloaded everything and tried threading it through a second karabiner towards the stern on one of the eyelets the bungees go through. I then went back out and tried it again. This was far better and seemed to be acceptable. As I don't intend going out in a large swell I think it would suffice but will try to work out some other way around things - perhaps some cord with a loop running between the two which will place it centrally and then over the rudder grooves. I'll also try through the eye that the carrying toggle is now attached to. I don't have a trolley and don't really want one but may try some kind of permanent attachment depending on my results - say a stainless eyelet screwed in above the toggel or similar.

Any better ideas using what is already attached gratefully received - I can then try them out next time.

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

Thanks they are great replies and give me a better idea of what i want and need to do.

Just awaiting arrival of the c-tug trolley and need to cover fishfinder hole with a grommet

Will fish off the kayak and decide what works best.

Thanks again

OK Prowler 13 Angler - Yellow

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Pike, Pollack, Pouting, Whiting

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse