Jersey Yakkers Meet

Prowler

Well, if anyone is interested, we did actually meet, and Prowler showed us his local spot.

Had a bit of a laugh, caught a few fish, and watched a car have a crash on its own!

Observations I made:

- Somerset has the most modern electronics on his kayak, the best trolley, and the worst rod and reel!!

- Prowler gets out on his yak a lot more than most, and frankly thats not fair!

Be good to meet up a with a few of the other beans before the weather finishes the season off.

Laters

G

B.A.S.S. member

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cough, cough......sorry to interupt guys but I've been wondering for some time now, 'Jersey 'Beans'', why Beans? I asked my mother who is from 'The other island' and she had not a clue but muttered something about Crabs and Donkeys which did not seem to make any sense either. Not something to do with Pigs Trotters and Jars per chance? Are you able to enlighten us/me?

Moonyaker

KAYAKS:

* OK Prowler 13 (Sunrise)

* OK Scupper Pro TW (Mango Flame)

- Somerset has the most modern electronics on his kayak, the best trolley, and the worst rod and reel!!

- Prowler gets out on his yak a lot more than most, and frankly thats not fair!

Cough cough, age and quailty does not matter, its how you use it!

And quoting Grant "I have the smallest on the island"

For Grant size does not matter

And yes Prowler does get it on more than most, but at his time of life its better than nothing.

:bigemo_harabe_net-163:

And Prowler, looking forward to another beer.....

All in all a dam good session.

And for those thinking, seeing a car roll down a car park (driver less) and crash into a Germans car on jersey was hillarious. Just glad he parked with a bit of a turn on the wheel else it would have ended up at the bottom of Grev.

Cough, cough......sorry to interupt guys but I've been wondering for some time now, 'Jersey 'Beans'', why Beans? I asked my mother who is from 'The other island' and she had not a clue but muttered something about Crabs and Donkeys which did not seem to make any sense either. Not something to do with Pigs Trotters and Jars per chance? Are you able to enlighten us/me?

Moonyaker

Speaking from the better island the name, as I understand it, come from the delicious Bean Crock (recipe copied/stolen from our own Guernsey Bean Jar of course).

As anyone in the islands knows, the correct term for a Jerseyman is a Crapaud (toad).

Yeah good trip guys- good to meet at last.

And I think it was smallest but most potent!

I think nomore tequila is right about the beans thing, but the islands are full of toads and donkeys!

B.A.S.S. member

Thanks nomoretequila; I thought it might have something to do with Bean Jars but only know this as a Guernsey Dish and did not realise that 'Les Crapauds' had nicked the idea. Ta for the response.

KAYAKS:

* OK Prowler 13 (Sunrise)

* OK Scupper Pro TW (Mango Flame)

Thanks nomoretequila; I thought it might have something to do with Bean Jars but only know this as a Guernsey Dish and did not realise that 'Les Crapauds' had nicked the idea. Ta for the response.

Our bean Crocks better than theirs......

Plus we dont have the problems they have with the amount of donkeys on the island.

post-9402-1159282175_thumb.jpg

Oh well enough said

Food wise you can have the bean crock!

So what do you reckon about a meet half way between the two islands, maybe next summer! Will take that long to get fit enough.

red sky at night jerseymans delight

guernsey is on fire

:whistling:

jerseytrev

LOCATION JERSEY C.I.

kayak ok prowler angler 13 (yellow) NZ

Well a good day was had, well unless you were the Audi owner in the car park :) the weather held and we managed to get some fishing done.

I really enjoyed meeting up with you both it was a good laugh, hopefully next time we can get some more join in.

Grant was the top scorer both in amount and species with a mixed bag of Mackeral the size of Tuna, Horse mackeral a record breaking pollack and a snipe.

Me and Somerset got a couple of mackeral a piece a snipe and a pollack, the boys fished the mackeral rocks while I was keeping an eye on the swell which seemed to come back up after the mornings six foot, but when I got back to the beach there were hardly any waves.

It was good day guy's we will have to do it again, my round next Somerset :).

Edited by Prowler

Photo Gallery

If life is one big joke, I just dont get it.

Sunrise Caper

Sunrise Venus

Sky Blue Prowler 15