Oops! I did it again!

richi

intcit2.th.jpgbiggest one yet intno9.th.jpg lookout for Kev on T.V.!

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just joined photobucket, so this is a test to see how it works. I've been quite impressed with the size and quality of other people's photos on here. It's very simple should have done it ages ago. :2: (Sort it out Richi, it's much better than Imageshack ;) )

P9240004.jpg

Capt Conger after a night session at Christchurch Ledges

Conger Club Members :yeah: - Are you finding the conger go off the feed after a certain time or are you getting bites throughout the course of the night through to dawn?

I've personally found an hour either side of midnight to be the best times-all mine (four separate occasions)have been around this time----we plan to fish the ledge again this Saturday night coming (weather permitting),all those experienced gents with lights are most welcome to join us,would be good if yourself and Zzippy could make it,the conger won't be there for ever ;)

Good point about the photos Paintfly--I'll get on it,thanks for texting me the battery addy :thumbs:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

Hi Richi

Yeah we'll have to head out for a session for one night. There should be some around during the colder months too. I think Poole Bay Boat Club members have caught them during winter off the ledge - we could have a year round big fish mark :thumbs: . Mike Ladle writes about winter conger fishing here.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Interesting that you have caught them around midnight. Have read from a number places that they tend go off the feed a few hours after midnight. I used to find this with silver eels when I fished for them on the Thames a long time ago.

right off to sort my gear out - after plaice tomorrow with Zzippy in the Swash channel - I found a dead mackeral in my hull from the other day - my kayak stinks!

Edited by SpeciMan
Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

int-1.jpg

Interesting that you have caught them around midnight. Have read from a number places that they tend go off the feed a few hours after midnight. I used to find this with silver eels when I fished for them on the Thames a long time ago.

right off to sort my gear out - after plaice tomorrow with Zzippy in the Swash channel - I found a dead mackeral in my hull from the other day - my kayak stinks!

the congers must have been eating just before bed! :yeah:

good luck tomorrow you two :thumbs:

thanks Mr. Filmstar,I've got better pics now! ;)

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

assisted rescues---5