I am now a Mother

The Flying Tench

Well, some good guesses, but you've all made the fundamental mistake of assuming too quickly that the first word that came into your head was the right one. You assumed 'mother' was pronounced MUTHER, when what I had in mind was MOTH-ER.

Ever since I attended National Moth Night on Sat evening, watching the little moths buzzing around an ultra violet light, ever since I discovered there was such a thing as a 'moth-er', someone who's interested in moths, I've found it a very funny word, and I've been boring people with the question I asked you! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

So the QUESTION should have read "Moth :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: ER"????

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

John

Mothing is something I have fancied having a go at for some time, the Secretary of my Angling Society is a keen moth-er and is a recorder for the County (Kent). I have got him looking out for a second hand trap for me, one I can set up in the back garden.

I understand that there are a few rare migrants about this summer did you come across any on Saturday?

Regards

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Well it's a good job you can't have intercourse with them, otherwise they would be known as Moth-er, actually forget that, it's a bit rude and crude and it would bring a barrage of light on or off jokes :headhurt:

Cheers

<º))))><.·´¯`·.ÐÅѸ.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

IPB Image

Well, some good guesses, but you've all made the fundamental mistake of assuming too quickly that the first word that came into your head was the right one. You assumed 'mother' was pronounced MUTHER, when what I had in mind was MOTH-ER.

Ever since I attended National Moth Night on Sat evening, watching the little moths buzzing around an ultra violet light, ever since I discovered there was such a thing as a 'moth-er', someone who's interested in moths, I've found it a very funny word, and I've been boring people with the question I asked you! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Didn't your english teacher ever tell you not to make a verb out of a noun? its just not proper!! I know my english teacher will be spinning in his tackle box! Excuse the puns! :) Actually he's a keen fisherman and if your feeling generous you can buy his book! The net on the garage wall http://www.medlarpress.com/index.html

dan

Edited by Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com