A few pictures from our Birch Grove Trip

Julian

Hi all,

I’ve sorted a few pictures of our Birch Grove trip from the week before last

It was a great week even though I had to go home a few days early for my brothers wedding, but a good time was had by all (as usual) and we managed a few nice kippers between us. Final tally was 12 fish, with as far as I’m aware, no losses – I know Chris and I banked every one we hooked, which was pleasing for a water with so many snags.

Arrived at dinner time on the Sunday with Chris and Myself fishing the Main Boards, with Shaun and Miffer in the Compound. I think these are in the order that we had them;

Chris - 11lb 12oz common

BG06_chris_11_12.jpg

Miffer - 20lb 6oz common

BG06_MIFF_20_06.jpg

Julian - 23lb 12oz mirror

BG06_JU_23_12.jpg

Shaun - 15lb+ common

BG06_SHAUN_15.jpg

Chris – 21lb 6oz common

BG06_CHRIS_21_06.jpg

Julian – 21lb+ common

BG06_JU_21_06.jpg

Miffer – 29lb 3oz common

BG06_MIFF_29_03.jpg

Julian – 20lb 4oz common - stalked

BG06_JU_20_04.jpg

Chris – 22lb 12oz

BG06_CHRIS_22_12.jpg

Julian – 27lb 12oz mirror

BG06_JU_27_12.jpg

Chris – 24lb 3oz mirror

BG06_CHRIS_24_03.jpg

Only one missing is Miffer’s 17+ common which he had after I left on the Friday morning.

Mild Mannered Carp Angler By Day…

Read My Blog:Here! View My Gallery: Here!

www.NorthWestcarp.co.uk Home of the Northern Monkey!

Chris – 24lb 3oz mirror

BG06_CHRIS_24_03.jpg

Don't you just hate that. You're just about to nip off to the bog, when the rod screams off. You play the fish, unhook it and weigh it, baking the turd.

Then, just as the cameraman clicks the shutter, the turtle's head pops out....

:D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Julian – 27lb 12oz mirror

BG06_JU_27_12.jpg

Great trip Julian and sounds like a good time was had by all.

Errr - it looks like you are offering that fish as a sacrifice to the carp gods. Is that an effective technique and if so, are there any special words you need to say? I could use some help and might want to try your technique.

Psssstt - Elton, I am trying really hard to improve my "taking the pi**" technique as you suggested so I can blend in better with you folks. How am i doing? :roll1:

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Psssstt - Elton, I am trying really hard to improve my "taking the pi**" technique as you suggested so I can blend in better with you folks. How am i doing? :roll1:

So far, so good, Newt. Keep it up and everyone will forget you're American ;)

I think Julian actually looks annoyed at catching that fish :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I think Julian actually looks annoyed at catching that fish :D

Truth is, I was actually in quite a bit of pain when holding that fish – hence the grimace!

I’d given my right arm a big whack the previous day whilst climbing out of a tree and it really hurt whenever I tried to lift anything. It *really* hurt when I picked the fish up and I struggled to hold it steady. Most of the other pics are a bit blurred as a result but luckily that one is ok!

Don’t know what I’d have done if it had gone over 30 :blink:

Mild Mannered Carp Angler By Day…

Read My Blog:Here! View My Gallery: Here!

www.NorthWestcarp.co.uk Home of the Northern Monkey!

Truth is, I was actually in quite a bit of pain when holding that fish – hence the grimace!

I’d given my right arm a big whack the previous day whilst climbing out of a tree and it really hurt whenever I tried to lift anything. It *really* hurt when I picked the fish up and I struggled to hold it steady. Most of the other pics are a bit blurred as a result but luckily that one is ok!

Don’t know what I’d have done if it had gone over 30 :blink:

there are some great pics there, is it expensive to fish ?

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on muddy banks doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.