Warrens Edge Bournemouth

Ken Davison South Wales

You have me nailed :lol::lol: Scotty and the other lads were of to my right.

The storm may have missed but that rain certainly didn't :lol:

That lighting gave me the chance to beat a hasty retreat from pulling in any more weed :lol::lol:

Well done with the bass, I was hoping when I first arrived that there would be a few about in that surf.

We avoided the rain by sheltering under the Ladies toilets canopy...got a few strange loks from the Security guys with the 2 of us huddled up in a corner. Few guys were out last night and managed a few sole as the wind had dropped right off and there was no weed as a consequence. <_<

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We avoided the rain by sheltering under the Ladies toilets canopy...got a few strange loks from the Security guys with the 2 of us huddled up in a corner. Few guys were out last night and managed a few sole as the wind had dropped right off and there was no weed as a consequence. <_<

Will be trying again week this Friday :D

I used to fish west of that mark at the bottom of Bedfords Beach where the cafe used to be, the prom jutted out to sea there about another ten metres and about twenty to thirty metres out was a line of rocks which formed great rock poole for the kids at low tide, looks like it has all been buried in sand. :rolleyes:

On the west side of the cafe was a gap in the line of rocks and I used to cast through there to open water, it was a great spot for sole and the bass loved the line of rocks.

Further west where the prom turns left then right again used to be a deep gully again a great bass spot.

Might meet see you a week Friday then :D:D Scotty will be down and a couple of other lads.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

The forecast for Friday is still looking good :D

Day Time Temp FeelsLike Pressure Rain Cloud Dir Speed Weather

Fri 13 Oct 0:00 14 °c 14 °c 1018 mb 0 mm 80 % 4 mph

3:00 14 °c 14 °c 1017 mb 0.1 mm 100 % 5 mph

6:00 15 °c 14 °c 1016 mb 0.1 mm 100 % 5 mph

9:00 16 °c 16 °c 1017 mb 0 mm 100 % 7 mph

12:00 19 °c 20 °c 1016 mb 0 mm 99 % 7 mph

15:00 19 °c 19 °c 1014 mb 0 mm 90 % 7 mph

18:00 19 °c 14 °c 1014 mb 0 mm 64 % 5 mph

21:00 12 °c 11 °c 1014 mb 0 mm 41 % 5 mph

eat.gif

Petals Florist

The venue:

warrenedge.JPG

I was using my 16' K2 with an ABU 6500 mag elite for the first time and as the rod was rung for a fix spool I decided rather than try it out in front of everyone for the first time and risk making a complete pratt of myself I would give it a spin in private. :lol:

:clap2: Shakespeare do make the original K2 in multiplier version also, it's the new Elite model that is F/S only but it does handle a multiplier. I can't work out why they are reluctant to make the Elite in multiplier version, perhaps the F/S model is popular on the continent. :clap2:

hi ken ..i live there ,, you can see the sand in the water ..its keeping the fish out , they dont like the grit in there gills ,,,,,,,ive got a k2 & use it with all sorts depending on side winds ect, ile come & find u on the 13 th ,,,pp lucky rich ,,,,

Ime off to yak skoool,,,,,,no more overruns to get out there,,,,

hi ken ..i live there ,, you can see the sand in the water ..its keeping the fish out , they dont like the grit in there gills ,,,,,,,ive got a k2 & use it with all sorts depending on side winds ect, ile come & find u on the 13 th ,,,pp lucky rich ,,,,

Look forward to meeting you, the weather is looking quiet from Monday on so with a bit of luck Friday will fish better than last time. :lol:

eat.gif

Petals Florist

hi ken ,,hopefully the sand will settle as well as it calms down ,, then its sole time ,,,,,,,,,,,take 2 kits though , 1 as far as you can chuck it ,,& 1 at 30 yds ish ,,,,,,,,,see yu ,,,,,,,,pp,,lucky rich ps if you go in on the bournemouth surf web cams you can see that spot,,,,,,,,,,,

Edited by groyne bandit

Ime off to yak skoool,,,,,,no more overruns to get out there,,,,

It is looking good for the sole :D

Day Time Temp FeelsLike Pressure Rain Cloud Dir Speed Weather

Fri 13 Oct 0:00 9 °c 9 °c 1027 mb 0 mm 28 % 3 mph

3:00 7 °c 9 °c 1028 mb 0 mm 1 % 0 mph

6:00 9 °c 7 °c 1028 mb 0 mm 1 % 0 mph

9:00 13 °c 15 °c 1030 mb 0 mm 2 % 0 mph

12:00 17 °c 19 °c 1030 mb 0 mm 6 % 1 mph

15:00 17 °c 18 °c 1029 mb 0 mm 4 % 4 mph

18:00 17 °c 11 °c 1029 mb 0 mm 5 % 4 mph

21:00 10 °c 9 °c 1029 mb 0 mm 0 % 5 mph

Are you going to give it a spin Scotty? I will be there from about 5pm with two rods this time.

eat.gif

Petals Florist

Ken, got a feeling I may have to cry off on Friday mate, theres a Friday night job lurking and its my turn for Friday stitch up, not a definate yet but I'll let you know tomorrow. :(

Scott

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time

On Monday evening there was an Neptune League 4-a-side inter Club match at Warrens edge, species caught, whiting, sole, tub gurnard, dabs and codling along with usual undersize rays and bass, top weight 6-11. I understand the best bait was was old lug fished at distance with ragworm a seond best.