out of order

andymcb

hi there is it considerd out of order to use a fish finder whilst fishing off your yak?????

i have the chance to buy a humminbird rf 35 cheap, anybody got one or used one if so how do you rate them..

thanks in advance mcb ;)

prowler 13 angling edition

margate kent

beware.. one man's legacy is another's inheritance...

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definately recommended. Forget about showing the fish but use it for showing the bottom features.

Hummingbird has a great reputation but I can't comment on the model.

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Definately recommended. Forget about showing the fish but use it for showing the bottom features.

Hummingbird has a great reputation but I can't comment on the model.

thanks darnsarf, will take on board (excuse the pun)

prowler 13 angling edition

margate kent

beware.. one man's legacy is another's inheritance...

hi there is it considerd out of order to use a fish finder whilst fishing off your yak?????

i have the chance to buy a humminbird rf 35 cheap, anybody got one or used one if so how do you rate them..

thanks in advance mcb ;)

if it is then I'm well out of order having spent nearly £400 on the latest Humminbird!

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

thanks in advance mcb ;)

Is it out of order to catch fish?

The "fish finder" will only show you the depth and features (also if fish are present) it is up to your skill to catch them.

I have just ordered a yak after years of pike fishing from a boat. We used fish finders to locate likely spots and it is vital when fishing large areas of water. You will not regret it..

OC PROWLER 13 ANGLER

A bad day's fishing is a good day's Yakking!

I dont use a fish finder, admittedly I wont catch anywhere near the amount of fish some of you guys do, but I'm happy with the amount I catch. I'm not knocking the lads that do, its only innitially a fishfinder was not high on my list of 'must haves' and I considered it too expensive an item when first buying my gear.

Now after fishing from the yak without one and getting results that I'm happy with I wouldnt ever use one. I dont fish as much as most of you guys, I'm more of a yakkerman than a fisherman.

Fish finders no wonder the sea is becoming Barron.

:blink::schmoll::lol:

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

I believe Mr Everett is still using a chain to measure the depth or has he finally got his Humminbird working :D

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com