October Fishing?

Crackin Clax

Hey All,

This may sound a little silly but i have never actually done much fishing in october before.... i usually fish predator in winter and coarse/carp in summer.

I wish to go fishing this friday coming up but do not know what sort of fishing to do...... any suggestions considering the time of the year????

thanks, any advice would be great!

CC

The Clax Will Always Crack

The carp are still pretty active around here, they were rising well to surface baits last weekend and I had my best carp of the calendar year on the float the weekend before that. So if you fancy some carping get it in now before the colder Autumn days arrive.

Down here in Devon it is still summer!

When the sun has been out, it has been tee shirt weather and bagging on carp.

How about get on a river and catch some wild fish?

The Mahseer Trust, working for one of the world's iconic fish and the rivers they live in

www.mahseertrust.org

Fishery info for the Westcountry:
www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
check out
www.v2vangling.co.uk

How about get on a river and catch some wild fish?

Yeah well at the moment i'm trying to collect all the improve your coarse fishing specimen fish badges. Bit sad i know but its a challenge and i love a fishing challenge!

I have already got the specimen pike (15lb+) and specimen perch(2.5lb+) badges and wanted to go for some other species!

Again location is a big factor as i live somewhere where the rivers have not a big reputation for good sport. Next on my list is a specimen chub(5lb+) or a specimen roach (1.85lb+)!

Again, i would prefer a decent days fishing rather than trying for the wrong fish at the wrong time of the year!

CC

The Clax Will Always Crack

Tench too. They seem quite active (and willing!) at the moment. I know that October is traditionally the start of the pike season but it's still very mild. I went for a days pike fishing without any success and it just didn't 'feel' right. Far too warm!

Agree about chub and barbel. This weeks rain will help (but we still need more).

I really like this time of year because you can still target everything and be confident.

Basically, make the most of it. The fish are definately feeding well.

The best time to fish is when you have a chance.