Alderney Angling Shore Festival 2006

alderneyangling

The 21st Alderney Angling Festival kicked off yesterday at 12.00pm. We have around 110 anglers over here and the event normally turns out some super fish. Conditons aren't favourable with stiff Easterly winds which make a lot of the marks difficult to fish but after just 19 hours we have had some super fish come to the scales. To follow it on a daily basis go to www.alderneyangling.com and then to latest reports. Maybe someone will put a link on for me to make it easier for others to follow as I don't know how to. Regards, Mark

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope this helps Alderneyangling. (Mark)

For the latest 21st Alderney Angling Festival reports, click HERE :thumbs:

Thanks Stoaty, Thanks John.

I hope this helps Alderneyangling. (Mark)

For the latest 21st Alderney Angling Festival reports, click HERE :thumbs:

Whoops. Johns link takes us to the Festival page which was half hashed as a preview to the festival, this page will develop with time. The actual updates are on the latest reports page. Use Stoatys link to get to the site. Thanks.

Couches Sea Bream record has gone for the Channel Islands, it would make the current UK list but two fish are pending already. Quite a bit happening which is great cos tides and weather not the best. Update at www.alderneyangling.com and go to latest reports. Cheers.

:huh: I got it wrong, apparently there is a fish of 2lb 15oz which is a Channel Island record, its just that my records never said it! Anyway, it is a cracking fish and it is a new Alderney shore record so well done to Steve Mullins.

Couches record - the current 'ratified record' is 2-7 or thereabouts, however in the past couple of months this has been beaten at least twice by fish caught in Guernsey, as has the boat record. These claims are pending, awaiting the next meeting of the British rod-caught fish record committee.

Hope that helps!

Like Fresh coffee? www.Bean14.com

Thanks for that Toerag.

Another update done on www.alderneyangling.com with pictures to go on later today. 5 fish were added to the board at this mornings weigh in and three at the midnight one. Weather a little more tolerant now but windy conditions for Thursday forecasted. Mixed reports from anglers but there seems to be plenty of fish about although the wrasse are proving difficult and for some so are the Mullet.