Rusty Chub fishing guru 9lb 13 ish

JV44

But it was 2 fish anyway well done mate she has been hard at giving up chub recently

• Like 1

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Blimey, that headline had me going for a minute and I was there!

A strange day really, one which started as just a couple of hours on my Thames Lock & Weir permit but ended with me fishing into the curry house opening time. The new rod wouldn’t have coped with the weights I needed but a mid-morning arrival with the Sonik quiver rod and backup trotting gear saw only two of the three weirpool sluices fully open, that gave me a chance of holding bottom with 2 ounces. So after a big cast (for me) to the far bank slower water the rod took ages to settle and was only stationary for a few seconds before the tip banged over, a rather portly 5lb 3oz chub was responsible;

DSCN1307_zpsb1e5422a.jpg.

I’ve had this before in this swim, it doesn’t get much angling pressure so if the chub are there they take the bait quickly, after that though it goes quiet and yesterday was the same. I stuck at it for a couple of hours but eventually tired of trying to keep the bait in the right place so I headed off on a long walk to some meadows where a few likely looking spots were within 100 yards of each other. Most of the day was spent here feeding and fishing the various swims but I couldn’t buy a bite with the ledgered bread, even trotted maggots failed to tempt any silvers although ‘pin twirling did provide a pleasant interlude to proceedings. So much so that I lost track of time and at around four o’clock decided to start the trudge back to the weirpool. This took me past the swim which produced my PB chub and I couldn’t resist setting up the quiver rod again for a couple of ‘last casts’

First cast produced a bouncing tip within a minute…about 20 times longer than the fish was on the hook. I thought I’d blown it but lobbed out another large piece of flake more in hope than expectation, the bite came within seconds and although the 4lb 8oz chub didn’t break any records it was a very pleasing end to the day.

It would’ve been nice if the combination was 7 & 2 or even 8 & 1 but I’ll settle for 5 & 4.

Edited by Rusty
  • Like 4

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Great report Rusty, two very nice fish ??

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)